Chapter 7

Hello.
••••

"So what do you want to be?" Harry asked, his hand gripping Louis' as they strolled down the Royal garden a few months later.

"What do you mean? I already work in the palace." Louis said, pulling Harry towards the bench nearby.

"Oh," Harry started frowning, "so you always wanted to work in the palace? It's your dream job?"

Louis laughed, "not really. But not everyone is as fortunate as you, princess." He said, flicking Harry's nose.

Harry pouted. Louis leaned in and kissed it away.

Grinning, Harry asked him,"What did you want to be?"

"I always wanted to be a teacher. I mean, I like the idea of teaching little kids, guiding them," Louis sighed, "but how can someone who hasn't even completed his school, teach?"

"What do you mean you haven't completed your school?" Harry asked, frowning.

Louis sighed,"When I came out as gay to my parents, my father thought it was because of things they were teaching me in school, because of the way they taught me to be more 'open minded' .He removed me from school, locked me up in a room for months so that my 'disease' would go away," Louis looked down, biting his lips willing himself to not cry, Harry gripped his hand tighter, "it didn't go away but I thought if I pretended—it would seize to exist at some point. It didn't though, but I never told my father that. I just let myself be.

"He went and talked to this girl for her hand in marriage for me. I agreed, because all I wanted to do was make my parents happy. And they were but I realised something, they don't love me heck they don't even like me for who I am. It hurts but I have to live with it." He ended, with a shrug.

Harry bit his lower lip, not knowing what to say, because heck he was in love with a person he couldn't be with.

"I love you, Louis." Harry sputtered out.

Louis squeezed his eyes shut, "Don't say that, Harry."

"I'm sorry, but I love you and I want to marry you."
He said, smiling, nudging Louis with his shoulders.

Louis laughed, sniffling, he said "I love you too and I want to marry you too."

And they sat there, Louis leaning his head on Harry's shoulders, so in love but oblivious to what the future held for them.
\\\

"Harry I don't think this is a good idea." Louis said nervously, following Harry to the 'date' he had set up for them both.

"Stop worrying so much Lou, it's gonna be okay." Harry said, pulling out a chair for Louis.

Blushing, Louis thanked him and sat down on the chair.

"This is wonderful Harry but–"

Harry sighed, he placed a hand on Louis' and said, "Louis if you keep on worrying we won't be able to spend time together. Please, stop being so afraid. How are you going to live if you're afraid all the time?"

"I fear that this will be the last time I'll see you every time we go out. I don't want to leave you, ever. I don't know what I'll do, I don't even know how I'll manage to live without you at this point." Louis replied, squeezing Harry's hand.

Harry squeezed his hand back, "I'm never letting you go Louis, I'll always find you."

"I know you will, it's not that I'm afraid off, I'm afraid that people will stand between us and make sure we aren't together."

"For how long can they separate us, Lou?"

"I don't know and I don't even want to."

"Let's just not think about it, yeah? Let's just enjoy the time we have."

"Yeah."

And that's what they did, they enjoyed their time together, feeding each other food and laughing together, dreaming about a future together, kissing each other's worries away, just hoping everything will turn out okay. That's all they could do, hope.

\\\

"For how long are we going to hide ourselves,Louis?" Harry asked, mumbling in the crook of Louis' neck as they lay under the starry sky.

"For as long as we can." Louis said, running his fingers through Harry's luscious curls.

"I don't get it Louis, " Harry said, sitting up, "my parents won't mind it, I'm sure, and if the King and the queen agrees your family has to, too."

Louis sighed, "I know, Harry, I know. But they're my parents. They might get me married for the sake of the King and the queen, but they'll never be happy!"

"It's your life Louis, what about your happiness? And why do you even want to make them happy?! They didn't even let you be who you want to be! They made you into a servant boy when you wanted to be a teacher!"

"I know Haz. But they fed me, let me live under their roof. They made me who I am today, I owe them too much. After my father, the family's responsibility lies on me. I can't abandon my sisters and my mother. And they won't let me take care of them if they won't talk to me! My mother gave birth to me, I can't turn my back on her."

"But don't you want to be with me?" Harry mumbled, looking down.

Louis sighed, putting two fingers under his chin and making Harry look towards him,"Ofcourse I want to be with you, Harry, I love you so much. But what's the use of love when it causes hatred between someone? We'll work something out Haz. My love for you is too strong for it to fade into the void. Our love for each other will win my parents over, I know it."

"I hope so, Lou."

••••
Jeesshhh....I hope you like that...