Chapter 14

George Tomlinson made his way to the palace, his head held high and the invitation to his son's wedding tightly clutched in his hand.

The guards stopped him at the gates,"What are you here for?"

"I have seeked permission to meet with the King and the queen today." He said.

"Can we see the scroll?" One of the guards asked.

"Yeah sure thing." He said handing him the scroll.

They went through it and once satisfied they let the ex-chef of the palace walk in, one of them following behind him.

He was told to wait in the hallway for a bit and once he was told they were ready to see him he walked into the room.

"Your highness." He said, bowing his head in respect.

"Yes,George, what can we do for you?" The King asked smiling, a fake smile.

The queen just frowned at him because it was because of this man her son wasn't happy, all because of his filthy, narrow mind.

"You've given me and my family a lot. It's because of your fair judgement and excellent way of ruling, that my family and I have been able to progress and live happily. So it is my duty to invite you to the auspicious occasion of my son's  wedding." He said, handing over the invite.

The queen balled her hands into fists, trying to not get angry because this man was mocking them, right in front of their face.

The King smiled awkwardly, "Thank you for the invite, we'll be there if possible."

"Thank you, so much." He bowed.

The King smiled and then dismissed him.

"He was mocking us!" The queen shrieked after the man was out of sight.

"Honey, we have no power over this and you know it, this is what Louis wants." The King sighed, holding her shoulders.

"For the first time in my entire life, even though I am the Queen, I feel powerless. My poor son." She said, her face in her hands.

"Sometimes power isn't everything, love."

\\

"Mr.Tomlinson!" Harry shouted, coming out from behind the pillar where he previously stood listening on everything.

Louis' father turned behind, his face setting into a glare when he saw the Prince.

"What do you want, Prince Harry?" He asked, ignoring the red eyes, dark circles due to sleepless nights, tear streaked cheeks, basically the same condition his son was in. But he was heartless at this point.

"Please Mr.Tomlinson, please, don't do this to us," Harry said, trying to hold back his tears, blinking," we both love each other, we can't live without each other—"

"Ofcourse you can, I don't remember by son pumping blood in your veins."

Harry let out a sob,"I will be a walking corpse without him. Please sir," he said getting down on his knees, joining his hands in front of the person who used to be his chef,"I beg of you, let us be together I'll do anything."

George's eyes soften, "Please, get up your highness don't do this."

"I don't get it! What is it with you? What is so wrong with two people falling in love?! So what if we're of the same genders? What is your problem?" Harry snapped then.

"I was once in love with a boy too! You get that?! They killed him! They killed him in front of my own eyes! So ,yes,please blame me for trying to protect my son!" The chef shouted, his voice booming in the silent hallway, his chest heaving.

"You're the prince, nobody can dare touch you and no matter where my son goes, he'll always be a chef's son. You don't leave these four walls, you don't go anywhere without guards, you don't know what these people speak you've been made oblivious to these thing but I do know. So please, Harry, let me protect my son. I don't want to lose him. I won't lose him. Not anyone else."

Harry stood there dumbstruck. Louis' father loved a guy ? But...

"Sir!" Harry shouted, grabbing onto the man's shoulders as he was about to leave, "nothing will happen to your son. I promise you that. I will protect him. I won't let anything happen to him I promise you that." Harry said, staring into the blue eyes which looked so empty.

The man just looked at Harry, like he was judging him. Then without a word he left, just like that.

Harry just stood there, thinking how cruel could the world be.

•••••
Plot twist? Hahha.

This story is turning plotless and not making sense by this point and it sucks so whoever made it till here thank u.