Iron Cross

The other was loooong, so this one is short.

#angst #sad #character_death #hint_of_prustria #austria #prussia's_iron_cross

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

25 February, 1947

He knew this day will come eventually, but he still was unprepared when it happened. He swore in his mind that one day he'll make Russia pay.
His eyes were dry and red. He was looking at the only thing that was left from the other: the cross he wore for so long. Austria took it in his hands and clutched it at his chest.
The once mighty and awesome Prussia was gone... forever. Nothing was left of him but the cross and the memories.
There was no grave to remind of him, that he wasn't just a country, but a real human with a soul and a consciousness.
Yes... there were the history books, but it wasn't the same.

"You promised me you'd stay by my side forever! Why... you?! You and your stupid war!" he would've cried again but he had no tears left.

He closed his eyes and fell to his knees and then on his back. After a while he opened his eyes again. The sky was now black... he must have been sleeping for at least three hours.
He looked at the stars and he could swear he saw Prussia's face there, smiling at him.

"I will never forget you!" and then he started to sing a lullaby... the one he used to sing to Prussia when he couldn't sleep... when the nightmares were too much. And he sung it until the night passed and the morning brought dark clouds and rain.