Chapter 4 War Of The Past

Above the cavern the cool breez felt good as if moved through Wilrum's fur. It was night and he couldn't sleep, the thought of war and being used as a weapon of mass destruction disturbed him. "Wilrum." A voice from behind said.

Wilrum turned to see the somewhat familiar hyena. "Brindl, is that you?" He asked cheerfully. It had been so long, back when he was a pup was the last time he had seen Brindl. "Brindl I'm so glad to see you! I've missed you so much and I wanted to thank you for everything, how are you?" Wilrum wanted to ask Brindl every question he had ever thought of and tell him how he learned to do so much.

"I've been doing good, and I've got my own child now. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you and help you grow. I wanted to teach you the way of old, show you how we use to hunt and work together as a team. Now they train you how to work solo and do things without question." Brindl looked down into the cavern after saying what he did.

Wilrum walked over to him and gave him a nudge saying. " It's ok. If you want you can reach me now, we have two days before Deltor starts the attacks."

"Yes ok well, where do I start. Well remember you have lived with us, you are a hyena in the body of a wolf. All of the hyenas will probably look up to you but remember you're all equal. The king in the old days... Well we didn't have kings, we had mighty war lords. Back when we had the best at fighting and strategizing as our leader." Brindl said and went on to say more about how it was better when they had war lords. The fact that he knew so much of that time before Deltor's family took over made Wilrum question how old Brindl was.

Brindl looked no were close to the age of Deltor and now that Wilrum thought about it Brindle did look that different from the time they first were together.
"Brindl, you look... How have you not aged that much? Not to be meen or anything. It's just Deltor is on his way to death and you're still young looking." Wilrum asked.

"Um... Well I guess after some time I'll tell you. If I don't die in the battle, yes." Brindl joked.

The rest of the night Brindl showed Wilrum how to out power others from many diffent ways, most the hyena army didn't teach.

With a blink of an eye the day had come, Wilrum had to go with the army to start a big conflict. They had there armor on, some had old rusty armor and others had new and shining armor. The king sat on a thrown being carried on the backs four hyenas that looked tired soon.

They got to Kuzza kingdom, it was a flat dry land with water springs. A stone wall surrounded the land and was controlled by the spotted jaguars. They were a feared army but mainly pillaged other places that couldn't fight back easily. They stole from each other and constantly killed each other for the most ridiculous reasons. Deven guards stood at the entrance, at the sight of the armored force of hyenas one jaguar dashed off going to the kingdom. Non of the jaguars had armor on. "What is this! Why do you come to our land dressed for battle?" One guard asked.

King Deltor let out a evil lingering laugh. It was a code that made some of the hyenas in the left go and attack the jaguars and they did just that. They rammed the guards down and dragged the jaguars away. The hyenas began to flood in the city and head to the castle. Random jaguars jumped out of there homes and tried attacking the hyenas. Wilrum, in front of the hyena army looked back to see the army have to fend off jaguar citizens. When they got in sight of the castle armored jaguars started running towards them. The jaguars had teeth that were sharp as swords and had spikes on the back and sides of there armor.

One slammed Wilrum into the wall and bit into his neck. Wilrum tried not to squeal and scratched at the jaguar's face. He wanted to tackle the jaguar down and run off but the spikes on the side stopped him. The jaguar guard soon realized that he was fighting a wolf and not a hyena.
"Why are you here? Have wolf started working with hyena scum dogs?" The jaguar asked as he backed up.

"Well I was saved as a-" Before Wilrum could start giving his life story during an invation a giant rock flew out of the sky hitting the jaguar.
Wilrum jumped back feeling like he just had a heart attack. "What was that?!" Wilrum shouted. A random hyena passing him said, "Secret task force, they have weapons that most don't even know about so other army's can't take the ideas.

Now knowing that the army had hidden ways of killing made him fear the amount of power that must mean the king had. Rocks flew across the sky, crashing into homes and making destruction. Hyenas were rushing around, attacking jaguars they could find without armor and trying to escape the ones that did. Wilrum saw hyenas on the ground, he didn't want to move. One of the many things in his head was where was Brindl...

In the east part of the kingdom Brindl was with the left group of hyenas. When the armored jaguars appeared he slid on the ground and bit ones leg. The jaguar fell over on Brindl scrapping it's spiked armor across his side. Brindl bit into the jaguar's neck but didn't make a killing stroke. Another jaguar jumped at Brindl's back and he growled out at the guard, other hyenas came and clawed at the jaguars face untill backed off of Brindl. After it was off was about the time when the rocks started flying in the air destroying land and homes. Jaguars ran through the streets trying to escape while guards fought back.

"Wilrum, Wilrum! Listen Wilrum, you know we love you but you have to hide ok. Stay behind the crates, ok, ok." A wolf told the small Wilrum pup.

"Hide and seek?" The little pup asked excitedly.

"Mhm, that's it." The wolf said back to Wilrum trying not to cry. As he hid behind the crates the black wolf with the soft voice had gone away. He could hear barking and howling coming from outside the storage room he was hidding in. "Mommy?" Wilrum asked. A shadow began to shift it's way inside the storage room, Wilrum peeked through the crates to see a strong and scarry looking wolf covered in silver armor sniffing the air. The metal played wolf began to growl at the sent of a pup.

"Come out child, it would be unkind to make me look for you." The big wolf said in a deep and rascally voice. Another wolf rushed in the room.

"You don't need to kill a pup, fight someone that can fight back!" The unarmed wolf shouted. They began to fight each other and as they knocked each other over Wilrum rushed outside. He ran into a puddle of stinky red stuff staining his paws. He jumped out of it and started running away from the clash of wolfs fighting each other. As he ran down the mountain he slipped and rolled down the rest of the way. He stumbled up and began to walk to a drinking river his family went to often. When he got to it he felt week and worked out, as he put his head forward to take a drink he fell in not able to swim the current took him away.

Wilrum thought he was going to drown, he woke up with hyenas all around him. He couldn't remember anything, all he knew was that he wanted to get out of the water. Then he heard a boom. He was shaken back into present day as another rock slammed into one of the buildings across from where he was huddling. Looking around Wilrum remembered that he had to help take the kingdom, so instead of attacking maybe he could sneak to the castle.