Chapter 2 A Kings Bargain

Brindl left the pup with his mate and went to go to the mountain, when he got there hyenas were in every spot they could get to. Some began to slip and fall off the mountain. Brindl didn't understand why they were acting this way, was he the only one that remembered dignity?

The mountain was full of laughter as some began to run down to return to the cavern with their stolen goods. Brindl headed back without taking anything, he didn't need to get pushed off a cliff just to take stuff that might not even be there by the time he got up the mountain. When they got back to the cavern night was creeping into the sky.

Brindl went inside the wall tunnels and made it to one of the living palaces that he and his mate would use when they were here. The pup was with her asleep. She looked at Brindl as he entered the small room. atHe could tell by her look she was a tad bit upset about this.

"You didn't even ask me about if I wanted to have a wolf pup and you bring one in, strole up to the king and say I want to keep this." His mate, Bella said.

"Well ah, there was a wolf that died and wanted the pup to be safe." Brindl said in a soft tone, not sure of how to lighten the mood. Its not every day that he comes home with a random pup from another tribe or pack. Bella looked at the pup, she thought it looked nice but she wasn't sure she could love a pup that wasn't her's or wasn't even a hyena.

"His name is Wilrum." Brindl said.

"I know that, you were gone a while, I had to ask him his name at some point." Bella said as she began to go to sleep. She didn't like stress and didn't like going to sleep stressed. Brindl curled up next to them and rested too.

In the morning Brindl took Wilrum with him to see the king again. This time he went to the kings resting area. The king slept on a floor covered in soft animal fur and wall's covered in animal hide. The king was waking up when Brindl and the pup got to him.

"Ah, Brindl, Brindl. There are so many hyenas that live here and stop by and you are a name I can't forget. You Brindl son, son of Cowzer and Baylin. Yes your dad was a great worrier and hunter. When my father took control your dad did not like it... After he and some of his group left that was unfortunate. You were kept here in hopes that you would be as great as your father one day. So far you have yet to reach your potential and now you want to let a wolf pup live with you? Of you can not teach him the way of the hyena, our way of living what good would he be to this empire. I could take his pelt right now. He would probably be a good snack too." The king explained.

Wilrum was cowering behind Brindl now and Brindl looked at the Deltor. "Please sir, the pup doesn't have to live with me but please let him live in out protection. You can give him to a better worrier, please sir." Brindl pleaded.

"Are you willing to finally give yourself fully to the empire? Are you going to get rid of your group mixed of I'm and bad hunters. Not just live as a nomad and visit the cavern but live in the cavern. How much do you actually want this pup to live?" Deltor asked.

Brindl started to back out of the resting area. "If I may go talk with my mate about this and come back, I will be greatful." Brindl said.

"No! This is your last option, you have been given to much leverage and not enough production made. You choose here and now give yourself to the cavern and you don't need to look for places to protect the pup. If you refuse my offer I shall have you, the wolf pup, your mate, and the bone scraps you call a group killed!" The dreadfully aggressive king said.

Brindl looked over to the little pup with a painfully bad feeling in his stomach. "I will give myself to the cavern." Brindl said and lowered his head.

"Good, now maybe we can get something food out of the two of you." The king said and then howled for guards to come. He explain to the guards that Brindl would soon join them.

"And the wolf?" Brindl asked.

"Don't worry, I am thinking of who can grow this liability." Deltor said.

The guards took Brindl to the training room. It was deep underground and also had an armory, most of the time animals didn't use armor or any clothing but if a big battle were to happen they would wear armor. They bumped Brindl into a sand pit and another hyena jumped in .
"Time to teach you how to fight." The other wolf in the pit said to him.