Chapter 6 The Long Day

Brindl could feel some blood rushing down his face as he tried to walk in the areas of the city without jaguars. "Brindl! Hey Brindl help me." He heard a voice say. He turned to see Savhorn pinned to the ground under a wooden wall. Brindl bit into the wolf and tried pulling it off of Savhorn. As he began to drag it off of Savhorn, Savhorn started to growl as the wood scratched at his legs. A wooden piller tell over and rolled onto the wood, cruching on Savhorn even more.

The weight began to push Savhorn's chest plate in. He could feel the metal poking at his stomach. "Brindl, ah get that thing off me first." He said. Brindl jumped up onto the wood that was pinning down Savhorn and pushed the wooden beem off. Savhorn felt like he was going to faint, the world started to go black to him. Everything in his sight began to faid into darkness. His hearing began to act odd too.

Some things would echo and linger in his wars. " Ah! Ah Brindl, Brindl I can't see. Also my hearing isn't working." Savhorn shouted.

"Shh! Ok I hear you, ya don't have to shout. I'm going to have you out of here soo-" Savhorn didn't hear the rest of what Brindl was saying.

"Brindl? Brindl?! Brindl are you there? Brindl I think I'm blind or something." Savhorn shouted. He could start to hear footsteps echoing in his ears, he felt hot as if he was melting in his armour.

At the front gate of the jaguar kingdom, King Deltor sat as his army continued to rush in the city. Catapults were lined up next to each other and shooting rocks into the air. A small hyena came running to the king. "The center of the city, we have the crenter under our control. The army is still fighting in the left and right side of the city. When we have secured the city we will raid the castle." The little messenger hyena said.

"No! Tell the soldiers that are in The center to move forward and take the castle. We have to take over this kingdom as soon as possible, no rest!" King Deltor shouted.

The little hyena nodded and scurried off. As he was running through the city a jaguar saw him. The jaguar ran after him from above, jumping from roof tops. The small hyena noticed the jaguar's shadow out of the corner of his eye, he stopped and turned to see the jaguar and ran faster. He ran into a broken house and could hear the jaguar jump off of a roof and rush after him. The small hyena ran through a crack in the wall that the jaguar couldn't follow him through. When the jaguar got to the crack in the wall it growled and headed out of the broken home. The hyena could see some other hyenas, ones that had armour on and could protect him.

"Hey, hey!" He shouted at them and as they turned to look at him they was four jaguars sprinting after him. They looked around at each other not sure how to help him. One Hyena ran headed to attack the jaguars so the others did the same. A jaguar scratched the back of the small hyena making him fall and roll over and hide under a pile of rubble as the worries fought.

Three of the jaguars ran away, one was dead on the ground. The small hyena told them the orders the king told him to tell them. They looked tired but started gathering all the hyenas that were in the center of the city to get ready for more fighting.

They marched forward to attack the castle. The small guard ran back to tell the king how the army was doing as planned. When the hyenas got to the steps leading to the stone castle two jaguars were positioned outside to guard, one of the jaguars being Jarred. They growled At the hyenas who began laughing at how out numbered the two guards were. There were about one hundred armored hyenas and only to jaguars to stop them from getting in.

The doors broke open as the hyenas ran in with there laughing chant. Jaguars and panthers scattered around, some ran to attack while others fled to escape. The hyena's laughter echoed in the caste, Wilrum and Kate could hear it.

"The hyenas, they've gotten to the castle already?" Wilrum thought out loud to himself.

"Berry can you fight well?" Kate asked him as she hid behind him.

"Um... Yes." Wilrum said.

He looked out the window to see if the could escape somehow but didn't see a way out. Wilrum also realized he wasn't wearing his armour and that he had no idea of how he would deal with the hyenas. They could hear a few hyenas sniffing at the door. Wilrum, trying not to make a sound slowly walked over to the door and pushed his body against it. The hyenas started banging at it and scratching at it. The door began to peek open as Wilrum pushed all of his body weight against it. Kate tilted her head to the window quickly and jumped out. Wilrum didn't want to the hyenas to see him so he'd have to run fast. So with a deep breath he charged out the window, letting the door burst open behind him. As he jumped he could hear hyenas stomping around looking for jaguars or valuables.

"Come, hurry." Kate whispered to Wilrum. They walked across the bamboo plated roof of the castle trying not to be spotted. "Berry Do you trust me?" She asked.