Are You Serious?

I was sitting in my car; I made sure I was early again so I would be able to take my time talking to Gavin. I saw Geoff's car pull in and I primped myself for the fifth time before reaching for my phone in the passenger's side seat. There was a tap on my window again and my heart raced thinking that Gavin was there. I turned to the window to see Geoff with another jug of coffee standing outside my door.

"Oh, hey Geoff. Good morning.." I said quietly when I stepped out of my car and shut the door.

"Shit. You too? I thought Gavin was the only one who slept on the wrong side of the bed." Geoff responded while he drank more coffee.

"Gavin? He ok?" I questioned. God damnit, I thought. Not only am I sad but I also made Gavin upset.

"Yeah; he's fine. Just really quiet today. He's still in the car." He gestured to his car and walked in the building.

Ok, Michael. Time to make a little kid happy. I walked over to the car and tapped in the window. Gavin looked up from his phone and gave a weak smile.

"Hey buddy." I opened the car door and kneeled down next to him. His attention went back to his phone.

"So how was Ray's?" He muttered.

"I told him I'm not interested." Gavin's head popped up when I spoke. "And!" I continued, "I told him I only wanted you." I said.

He instantly unbuckled his seatbelt and embraced me in a HUGE hug. "Really?!" He screeched.

I nodded and slowly stood up. "Yep. I want you, Gavin."

"I want you too, Michael!" He said grabbing my hand and yanking me into the office. 'Good job, Michael' I thought. I gently squeezed Gavin's hand as we sat down in the Achievement Hunter office.

***

It wasn't long before Ryan and Jack came in and sat down. "Good morning, guys." Gavin said to them. Jack said good morning back and Ryan just nodded his head.

"Was he a lot of trouble, Michael?" Jack asked referring to when I took Gavin home the day before.

"Ha. Nahh. We had a good time." I said. I glanced over at Gavin who was staring at his TV but smiling.

I heard the feint sound of Ray's voice down the hall, "Right this way, Steph." He said. I heard footsteps get closer until I saw his shadow at the door. "Good morning, fellas!" He belted into the room. "I'd like you to meet someone." He took someone's hand and led them into the room. It was a brown-haired girl who had her hand loosely around Ray's arm.

Cheap son of a bitch. It was so obvious he found her in some store and made her think he really liked her.

"Hello. I'm Stephanie." She mumbled shyly. Don't get me wrong; she was a beautiful girl, not some tramp he picked up from the alley. Her eyes were a calming shade of green and she wore a loose-fitting Avril Lavigne designed t-shirt.

"Why, hello Stephanie. Feel free to get a chair and you can pull right up next to Ray over at his desk." Geoff offered.

Gavin stood up and introduced her to everyone. Once Gavin got to my seat, I stood up went to shake her hand. "And this is Michael." Gavin said.

"Oh! Michael! Ray has told me so much about you!" She said throwing me into a hug.

I just stood there awkwardly as she gently swayed back and forth for a few seconds until Ray walked in with a chair. She instantly let go and walked to Ray. He pulled the chair up to his desk and placed the chair between my chair and his.

"Here you go, Steph. I stole it from Barbara's desk so she may or may not come in here and beat me up." Ray chuckled as he held the chair for Stephanie as she sat down and put her legs up on Ray's desk. Ray pecked her cheek and made his way to his chair and rested his hand on her thigh right where the rip in her jeans exposed skin.