Chapter 12

Over the next few weeks, he kept his promises he was there for me when I needed him. At school he was by my side and whenever any one said something he was there sticking up for me and it was nice to have DylanI eventually got to a point that I felt like I could tell my parents  the truth about everything and not lie to them anymore. 

I  went into the hospital at the end of January. While I was in there it was hard because there were times that I wanted to cut but I couldn't because they took away any  sharp objects or anything that could be used for cutting and I didn't have Dylan around to help.  He did come and visit me when visitors where allowed and that was the best time. When he come we  would just talk and every time that he left we would hug.  We never kissed since that night at my house and I not going to lie I was kind of upset about that which was strange for me because I never had that feeling before. 

I was allowed to go home at the end of  March. My parents came and picked me up they had flowers for me. " Hey honey, how you doing" my mom asked. " I'm good, I feel like I'm a lot better" "That goods because we couldn't image our lives without you " my dad said. As we drove home I told my parents about what went down in the hospital and things that we can do at home to help my treatment. When we pulled in the driveway my dad didn't turn off the car. "Sweetie , I know that this is your first day back but your father and I have something we got to do" "Okay I will be fine" " Are you sure" " Yes " Okay we will be back in a few". I got out the car and walked towards the house. 

When I got inside I just stood there and took a breath. Breathing in the smell of my house it had been a long time  since I was in there and I just want to breath it all in. I walked up the stairs to my room which was going to be a test because that was the place were I did all the cutting. When I got to the door I put my hand on the handle,I frozen up. I didn't want to turn the handle knowing that the feeling of cutting could come back. I took a breath closed my eyes and open the door. 

"Oh my God" I shouted and  I placed my hand over my mouth I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Dylan was standing there with roses in his hand.  My room was different then I remember it. The wall went from being white to being bright blue. My old bedding was gone and replaced with new bedding. There were pictures of my family and of Dylan and me all over the place. It was perfect. 

*Below is  picture of  kind of  an idea of what Ally's new room looks like*

"What is all this" I said with tears coming down but instead of tears of sadness it was tears of joy

"What is all this" I said with tears coming down but instead of tears of sadness it was tears of joy. " I thought that you deserved to be in a room were you could make happier memories and that can remind you we are there for you. I ran and gave him a hug. " "Thank you" "I told you Ally,  that I would be by your side. " and then he kissed the top of my head.