Case 2 - Hannibal Elector II

Night time fell on the Biology Lab, and a large lightning bolt hit the tower connecting it as a large growl could be heard from within, from the shadow in the window all that could be seen was a figure holding up something that looked like a body part and then swallow it whole.

Meanwhile back at the station Benjamin and Lance were finishing writing reports before heading home. 

"Well, that case was interesting, but we have a few things to clear up, firstly... We need to figure out the treasure. And there's the hamster. Except we have no leads." Lance said disheartened. 

"Well the best thing to do is ask the people who are most likely to know anything, Jessica and Jake, who should we see first?" Benjamin asked.

"I'd say Jake, since he has the third key. He should still be at the lab too." Lance said, grabbing his key. The two took a rather relaxing drive to the lab to find the biologist, where he was standing next to a compound, which seemed to be changing shape.

"Ah Benjamin, see the way the molecules form, this compound is part of a secret project, ordered by the professor that runs information central, since he's busy with a hamster wheel. You should check him out sometime." Burline explained.

Benjamin gasped. Yann had told him that the hamster wheel was the centre of the operation.

"Who is this scientist?" Benjamin exclaimed.

"I believe his surname was Riley but wh-'

"Cyrus Riley?" Benjamin shouted.

"No... His name was Marcus I believe, though he said his son lives in La Creme, he works at the bakery. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some experimenting to do."

"Well." Lance said. Almost surprised. "That's quite a lead, let's go see Riley, but first. Let's talk to Jess, she's had a connection to the victim, so maybe she can help us find his key, after all, we have 1 of 3, and once we stopped the hamster, maybe we can finally sort out this treasure nonsense." The two took a slow drive to the club to find Jessica, where they found her arguing with the person from before.

"ALLEY, I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!" Jessica screamed.

"I AM NOT LEAVING WITHOUT DAD'S -" Alley stopped mid sentence when she noticed the officers approaching.

"I'll be at the bakery." She said calmly and walked off. "Make sure you bring." She looked at Lance. "It." She disappeared down the street.

"Hey! What the hell was that?" Lance demanded. "Tell us what you're doing here and what she wants." 

"She wants Triumphs key. He said that I'm to keep it and give it up under no circumstance."

"Change of plan, Jessica, you're going to hand over that key, if you know what's good for you." Lance said. 

"You think so fruitcake? You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands." She cackled as she took off, the two ran after her, but soon lost track of her.

"How can someone so small run... so fast..?" Benjamin said out of breath.

"We'll never catch up to her now. We should just get to the bakery.." Lance panted. The two walked to the bakery and opened the door.

"Hello! Welcome to- OH COME ON!" The baker cried. 

"What?" Benjamin asked.

"You again?" The baker said removing his face mask.

"Cyrus. What are you doing here?" Benjamin asked.

"Who's Cyrus?" Lance questioned.

"I'm an ex suspect of him. He assumed I killed my boyfriend. Anyway, what do you want?" He said angrily.

"We'd like to know about your father's invention, the hamster wheel. It's imperative we work out what it's for!" Lance said almost worried.

"Hmm, go wait in the store room, I have to take a cake out of the oven, I'll meet you there." He said, ushering them to the next room.

"Aah!" Came a cry from the room Cyrus was in. The two rushed in to see him in shock, next to an oven.

"What the-" Benjamin said, seeing a leg fall out and onto the floor.