Chapter 6: Imagination

The next week everything went back to normal. Shay and I were always together and didn't talk to basically anyone. Sadly, not even Ethan or Liam.

Music was the only class Shay and I didn't share. I personally loved music as I used to sing since I was little and played piano and guitar.

''Hello class, today we will have a new assignment, you are going to set your feelings into music!'' 

Mr. Hodge was always one of my favorites, he knew that I wrote my own songs and always seemed to respect me for who I was.

''The boy or girl with the best song will perform it live on the school ball.''

You might think, wouldn't that be really embarrassing? Yeah it would, but some of our 'rich kids' parents have some good contacts, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try.

---------------------------------------------------

As the days went by, my heart slowly died a little more when I saw Ethan. We were both to scared to talk to each other in public because of his friends since they are really good at spreading rumors about people. Trust me, it happend to me once, it was a project Ethan and I had, that was the first time we had met. One day later everyone thought we were a couple, and ever since then we've been denying it.

But I can't help it, I think I love him. But who am I to say that? A 16 year old girl doesn't know what love is, and a 16 year old boy neither.

''Em, you should really get out of the house more, I'm starting to get worried about you my dear.'' My mom says as she walks up into my room.

''Everything is okay, I've just decided to concentrate more on school just like you and dad had asked me to.''

She nods and walks away, just like everyone else does.

I know, it was a lame excuse. But that's what I've been telling myself. Every time when I thought, ,,maybe I should message him?''. The feelings just don't go away, no matter how long I wait.

---------------------------------------------------

''So are you excited for the ball?!'' Shay asks me.

''Yeah, but I think I'm more excited to know who will perform, no one seems to know and Mr. Hodge hasn't told anyone who and why.''

''Well at least it isn't you, shouldn't you be happy about that, you still have a shot at a reputation!''

We start to laugh, she is the only one who can make me even when I feel at my worst. Or well, that's how I feel right know.

''Yes I know, but still, it would've been a big opportunity.'' I say.

''Well, I bet that Mr. Hodge was surprised to find out you're song didn't win!''

That was true, all of the teachers could vote for someone, and that someone just wasn't me. The bell starts to ring so Shay and I walk to class. The ball was tonight already, and I couldn't help but feel sad about the fact that Ethan and I were probably over. We hadn't talked since the closet accident. Oh god, the closet accident, I wish it had never happend :-(.

---------------------------------------------------

Shay was going to give me a ride to the ball and since we both didn't have a date we decided to go together being best friends you know.

''Mascara! I need mascara now! Where is it?!'' I scream out loud in frustration.

I was still standing in the shower, still not dressed and still no make up or hair things going on.