4

Months later...

Malak

I paced around, back and forth panicking. I don't know where I went wrong with telling her how I feel. I couldn't help to be honest, I couldn't hold my feelings back, it had to come out. Its been five minutes since she replied and she never took this long to reply to me and that's what is freaking me out. After panicking for a good ten minutes, she replied;

Malak why would you tell me this all late? I'm already falling for someone and it isn't you.... I'm sorry but we can still be friends right?

I reread that text four times before I started to feel the pain of my heart. I really loved her ever since the day I met her, she is so beautiful. She was the reason I came out of my player ways. Like as soon as I got to know her, I knew I had to stop playing around. I stopped messing with girls and focused on her, this whole time she made me realize that I shouldn't play a girl's heart.

Zahara is my everything.

I sighed and buried my face into my hands. I knew who she definitely fell for. She fell for Noah. What was I thinking, letting her try to change Noah knowing that something like this would happen?

It's too hard to say 'No' to her and that's my answer. But really it is, like who would say no to a loyal ass girl who works hard and gets things done? Not me, i'm one of those types who would appreciate their girl for how hard they worked and give them a gift for it... Maybe more than one.

However, I should've known all this was going to happen, the gifts I bought her were slowly being replaced with gifts Noah bought her. Sadly, Zahara is never around for me to spoil her as much as I want to anymore. She's so hooked onto Noah, that I can't keep her away. She's stuck to him like Gorilla Glue and won't let go. And the secrets I know about them only gets worse. Zahara slept with Noah just once and the crazy part is that they're not even dating yet.

Ever since Zahara told me about that, it tormented me. It practically ruined my life and how I felt about her. I wanted Zahara to be my one and only, I wanted us to lose our virginities to each other and be together. Overall, this was just the beginning and it was only the domino effect of my heart breaking.

I looked back at the the text message one last time before turning my phone off. I couldn't bare to look at it anymore, it was hurting me.

"You okay Malak?" My mother asked. I sighed and shook my head. I can't lie and act like nothing's wrong with me. Not this time. She sat next to me and rubbed my back, looking so concerned. "What's wrong?"

I looked up at her getting teary eyed as I clenched my jaw. "I'm heartbroken." My mom cooed me and pulled me into a hug. I took in the vanilla bean scent as I hugged her. The smell never gets old, it brings me good memories her and I had when I was young.

"Everything is going to be alright after awhile." She says, "It might be a painful Journey, overcoming someone you have strong feelings for. But, you'll become happy again. I promise." She said softly as she ran her fingers through my hair. I nodded and wiped my tears.

"Thanks mom, for making me feel somewhat better." I chuckled a little. She laughed a little.

"You know I made you feel a lot better."