Chapter Fifty-One

After running ten laps...in case you hadn't guessed, I was the last one to finish the first five.

It happened like this. "They can't be that fast, right?" I mumble to myself as I take off, beginning my ten second head start. I have barely turned the second corner, my run more of a jog, when the rest of the players take off.

Stephen flies past me so quick all I see is a flash of yellow (get it, kmsl) and Klay is quick to follow.

Then one by one, they all breeze pass me.

Even after I break into a full run, they brush pass me.

By the end of the five laps, I have given up trying to catch up. I can't even pass the centers on the team.

I shamefully reach the end and Stephen announces me five more laps, which I rush through.

Once I finish those, we join back in the middle of the floor and everyone takes a seat, beginning to stretch in sync.

I follow their lead and soon we finish stretches and everyone grabs a ball. Stephen passes me one and grabs one for himself, walking over to me.

"So we have a series of warm ups." He tells me. "First, and the most simple of all...lay ups. From what I saw in that video, you can definitely layup with ease. Just watch the procedure and pick a line. Ready guys?" He jogs to the front of one line and nods at me before taking off and doing a layup backwards.

Klay Thompson runs from the other line and echoes Steph's shot. Draymond runs from the first line and does the same thing. This continues until someone attempts the layup and messes up, earning a knowing looking from Steph. Varejao sighs and drops his ball, starting a jog around the court.

Steph walks back over to me. "So basically, you echo the chosen layup a d it keeps going from line to line until skmeoneesses up. Then that person does a lap and we start fresh from the next person in line." He tells me.

I nod and he urges me to join a line so I do.

Ava

"I'm Ayesha." A beautiful woman says, holding a baby but still standing to shake my hand.

" A beautiful woman says, holding a baby but still standing to shake my hand

I smile. "I'm Ava. Who's the cutie your holding?"

She smiles. "This is my daughter Ryan. I also have another daughter. She's around here somewhere." She looks around. "Oh. Riley, sweetie, come meet mommy's new friend."

"