IV

I was still standing in front of the stage and he kept on glaring at me like I was naked. Then seconds later, he focused his attention to the crowd.

"Good evening to all who have come to my birthday party. I thank my parents for such a wonderful night. This day is the—" he stopped in the middle and then looked at me directly and continued, "best day of my life." He then grinned deviously.

My jaw dropped. What the fuck? Will he make my life miserable just because I saw him having sex with that woman? I won't even tell, it's his life. I don't fucking care. I will just be his servant... meaning, I will be the one attending in cleaning his things or whatsoever things that needs to be cleaned and fetched. But why do I feel like something else will happen?

After he gave the short speech, he came down the stage and passed by me. Wew! I never thought that I could hold my breath for a very long time. My heart was still beating fast that it felt like I was going to faint.

Then suddenly, everything was just spinning and then turned black.

I woke up in the maids' quarter, which was odd. I thought I would be at our own house. My eyes adjusted with the bright morning light that touched my skin, then I saw another maid, a friend actually who is sitting next beside the bed.

"Mekeiyla?" I called but it sounded like a whisper because my throat was so dry. I moved my hand to touch her head and she suddenly moved.

"Oh, good morning Em. Finally, you're awake," she said while rubbing her eyes.

"Were you here the whole night?" I asked. She nodded as a response.

"I see. Thank you," I smiled.

Then, I remembered all the things that had transpired yesterday evening. The party, the sex in the corner, and yeah... the man that I saw having sex in the corner is my Master. My head aches just thinking about the latter part.

"Em, there's something you have to know..." I looked back at Mekeiyla who has a worried face written all over her face.

"What is it?"

"It's about your Mother," she said. My heart stopped for a moment. I don't like the sound of her voice. I didn't say a word and she continued, "Your Mother was seen in the river this morning. Dead."

My tears fell down my cheek but I still couldn't muster a word out of my mouth. My mom? Is dead? No! How come—

There are so many questions lingering inside my head. Who could've done this? Does mom have enemies that want her to be dead? Mom comes home with a smile and not with a worried face. She loved her work at the castle.

"I'm sorry, Em. I'm really sorry. I know there are no words that can comfort you right now... but there is still another thing about your Mother's death," Mekeiyla said. I wiped my tears off my face and looked at her.

"What?"

"It was suicide," she said.

WHAT?! This... this is too much! Mom wouldn't do such a thing. Why would she kill herself? Then suddenly I remembered whom she last talked to. It was Oliver's Father.

I stood up and went out of the maids' quarter.

"Where are you going Emily?" Mekeiyla shouted.

"I'm going to see the murderer of my Mother."

I walked as fast as I could and then when it was already the room of the Great Master, I did not have time to be respectful I just opened it with no respect. I recognized that Mrs. Asher is also at the room but I did not care. I just walked towards Oliver's Father.

I grabbed his left shoulder so he would look at me and then I punched him in the face.

"HEY YOU KID!" Mrs. Asher shouted but I did not care.

"WHY DID YOU KILL MY MOTHER?" Oliver's Father's eyes opened wide shocked at what I just said.

"What did you say—" he said, but suddenly his wife suddenly grabbed my hair and dragged me out to the room.

"Bitch," I cussed.

Once we were both outside the room, she closed the door and pushed me to the floor then glared at me furiously.

"YOU! How dare you accuse my husband? He still did not know about the death of you mother! You just bombed him with an accusation about something he still did not know about it. And first of all, your mother died in a suicide. There was a letter that we found at your house, I gave it to that maid who was tending you," she said. She was trying to calm herself but she was really just furious.

"Be grateful that you are still standing at this house after what you did. You're family has been helping this family since your grandmother," she added and she whispered something to herself that I couldn't hear clearly.

I just can't understand the whole damn thing that is happening right now. Then suddenly, I felt hands placed around my shoulders helping me to stand up.

"What is happening here Mom?" I heard a manly voice behind me that is very captivating. I turned my head to see who it was. Shit! It's my Master.

I wanted to get off his grip but he was so strong I couldn't do it.

"Your personal maid just made a scene with your father. You should punish that girl or maybe you can just fire her, besides she is now an orphan!"

"Mom, please. Don't be like that. All of the maids here are sad about what happen. She's just grieving and she just let out her grief on the wrong person," he explained to his mother. The fuck? What the hell is talking about? He acts like he already knows me so well.

"Fine. I don't wanna see her. Just go," her Mother finally said and went inside the room again. Then he released me from his grip. I turned to face him.

"YOU!" I glared at him and he just smiled and raised his two hands above like he was surrendering

"Geez, woman. You and your attitude will remove you from this house. I just saved your pretty ass from my mother. You owe me," he said grinningly.

"What did you say?"

He stepped forward and I stepped backward. We repeat until I was pinned down on the wall. His face moved forward but not touching me, he was like smelling me... then his face stopped at my ears and he whispered, "You owe me." He stepped backward afterwards and walked away from me whispering.

That guy feels like he is a dangerous man to be with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hi mah friend! Gal, I love you. Thank you so much for commenting and voting for every chapter. Thank you so much for the support and love. I hope you like my surprise though. Haha~ This one's for you mekeiyla . I miss you!