I

(Five years before the present time)

"Emily, in the house of the Asher, you are not allowed to be so clumsy, do you understand?" my mother told me. I just nod as a reply.

I was thirteen when my mother finally decided to bring me to the house of the Asher. They are the one of the richest families in the world and there are gossips that the only son, which three years older than me, will be the next Bachelor of his time.

I haven't actually seen the kid. I mean... mother just brings me to the kitchen, to the maids' quarters, the garden, stables, and other places that needs my cleaning skills. She hasn't actually let me see the family themselves. I don't know if she does this purposely or if the family doesn't want to see a kid walking around their house.

Honestly, the house is like a castle. It's so big that it really needs a lot of people to be around so that it wouldn't be like an abandoned building or whatever you see in horror films. There is a big library, where there is tons of different books from different genres and years. There is also a spa room, a ballroom, and a lot of rooms that you don't usually see in an ordinary house.

Well, they aren't ordinary at the first place at all... I mean they're not ordinary because they're so rich and famous in the whole country or world...

"Emily, remember these things I taught you. I can't be always at your side when it is your time to serve the Masters and Madams," my mother snapped at me when I was just looking outside the window.

"Mom, remind me why I am doing this again?" I asked her, still glaring outside the window. It's odd, it seems so quiet for a perfect day like this.

"Geez, Emily! How many times do I have to repeat myself in explaining this matter? Have you not listened to me every time I tell you the reason?"

"No mom, I listen. It's just that, I don't get it all," I replied.

"What do you don't get darling?" Mom opened another door and we walked right into the room. I did no pay attention to where we were going and I just looked straight back at her.

"I don't get why I must be a maid and serve the house of Asher? Can't I just be a normal kid living somewhere in a city where I can go to a school and catch my dreams?"

"Oh dear! Since the day you were born, life is already planned out for you. Just like your grandmother, and me we serve to the house of Asher as an obligation.

When your grandmother was young, she done a lot of mistakes in her life which was me actually but I did not hate her about it. Then, she met Mr. Oliver's grandfather who helped your grandmother in many ways you can't possibly imagine. That's why since then, your grandmother offered her life to the family of Asher as a sign of gratitude for all the help they gave her."

"But—"

"Okay just stop Emily! No more buts. Please do this for me," my mom pleaded. Fine! I give up.

I love my mom. I got her looks actually, or I think. I did not know my father.  I haven't known him since the day I was born in this world. Just like mom, I have this long wavy red hair that just perfectly covers my boobs. I have gray eyes that match my long curly lashes. I am not that slim but I can confidently say that it's a perfect body, especially I am still thirteen. My skin tone is just right and I have a height of 5'3.

My mother is about to reach her limit but she is still young though. I mean she's still in her 40's, but kinda looks old. Maybe it's because of all the work this family is giving her.

"Emily, look where we are," my mother commanded.

I forgot that we entered a room, which is unfamiliar to me because we haven't gone to any bedrooms before. Yes, this is a bedroom; to be exact... this is a man's bedroom. Once you open the door, there is this one huge bed sitting in the center of the room. The colors in the room are in the shades of blue. There is a desk with some books on top of it at the right side of the room. There is another door leading to the bathroom and beside it is a sliding door to his walk-in closet.

Damn it! This room is like a house already! The hell.

I look around more and noticed a picture frame hanging at the left side of the room. Underneath the frame is a sofa where you can just relax and read a book. It seems very comfortable just in sight.

"Mom, is this the room of—"

"Yes, my daughter! You are correct. This is the room of Master Oliver," she said with a smile.

"What are we doing here?" I asked her with a confused look. I feel a bit uncomfortable being here in this room. It felt like something bad will happen in this room.

"You are here because you have to know the place, because when you are in the right age, you will be serving Master Oliver," she said and then grabbed the doorknob. She went out of the room and I followed her.

"Wait—what? What do you mean serving Master Oliver?" Oh shit! Did I just add Master before the name? Geez.

"Now is not yet the proper time to discuss that Emily. Soon, you will just know the proper training how to serve the Master very well."

I got a lot more confused. Mom's hiding something.

"Just remember, this is an obligation, not a request," Mom added.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This chapter is dedicated to my closest friend, who is a fan of these types of stories! Hi bulilit! I love you and I miss you mah friend :)