CHAPTER 4

"You want to do what? Work? In Evconstrue? How on earth are you going to do that?" Kai asked with a dubious look. He looked quite handsome today with his baby blue short-sleeved cotton shirt paired up with dark grey chinos slim fit trousers. And his golden blonde hair was neatly parted to one side. We were walking in the hallway and people were everywhere. Girls were definitely staring at him from up and down. And if I was not wrong, even Krystal was checking him out today.

"You look ravishing today? There's anyone you want to impress?" I complimented him while raising my right eyebrow.

"I have no one to impress, alright. I've got you only. And don't change the subject here. What had gotten into your mind, Janney?" he asked.

"You know it more than anyone else. I need the money, Kai. Money doesn't grow on trees these days, ya know?" I said.

"Did you tell Leo about it? Have you discussed it with him?" he asked again.

"No. Not yet. I need to see Miss Lia. You know the counsellor. To discuss about this and get her approval," I said.

"Yeah, I know who Miss Lia is. But I still think you should think this through, Janney," he said with pleaded eyes.

Before I could answer, Taehyung walked up to me in large steps. They were many people in the hallway so I didn't realize that he was coming this way. And I stopped breathing again. My limbs were literally paralyzed. I had to hold on to Kai's arm before I fell down on the ground. Kai gave me a w-t-f look.

"You're the new girl, right? Jane Devine?" Taehyung asked.

"Umm, ye... yea. It's De-le-vin-gne. Just Jane. It's a-alright," I stuttered. I couldn't look into his eyes. So, I stared at his mouth. Or chin. Or ears. I had no idea.

"I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. We have a few classes together," he said.

"Yeah. That's umm... t-true," I stuttered again. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Nice to meet you, Jane. See you around," he said and he went back to his group of friends. I saw Jimin within them. He waved at us from far. I waved back.

"Woah! What the fuck just happened, Janney? The hottest dude in school just holla at you? You go girlllll," Kai said with an amusement tone.

"I have no idea what just happened either," I couldn't believe it myself. Did he really just say hi to me?

"You know what this special occasion requires?" Kai asked.

"What? Some confetti? Some fireworks?"

"Nope. A fist bump!" he said joyfully while giving me his right fist. And I gave him mine.

Then, we were off to our first class of the day.

*********************

The last class was English literature and Mr. Brien was late. So, I took out the novel that I hadn't finished reading. As I was finishing chapter 17 where the protagonist was trying to kiss his ex-girlfriend, Taehyung plopped himself beside me. He was really sitting beside me. No shit. Okay, don't freak out! Act casual! Take a deep breath!

"Whatchu reading there, Jane Delevingne? I hope this seat is not taken" he asked.

"N-No. You can seat there. Just call me Jane. Oh, this book? It's nothing. Just some trashy romance novel," I straightened my back.

Why was I so nervous? If I kept pretending to read this book and ignored him, I thought he'd shut his mouth. But I kept stealing glances at him. I couldn't help it. He was so good to look at. And he continued with the conversation.