CHAPTER 5

"I can't believe Miss Lia said yes," Kai said with wide eyes.

I was riding shotgun in Kai's BMW convertible. It was Saturday morning. The steel grey sky hung low over the Evconstrue building like a metal canopy. It was going to rain sooner or later. The morning breeze was remedying and made my hair flew in all directions. The air was very clear and long morning shadows distinct. I sipped my Caramel Cinnamon Latte and the soothing feeling of the liquid flowing down my esophagus made my muscles relaxed. But, I was still nervous as fuck. My heart was pounding vigorously against my chest.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. But, I have to get the internship first. It's not over yet," I grinned at him while fixing my brunette curls.

"Good luck with the interview. And I still think you should come clean with Leo about this," he said his words slowly.

"Do we need to discuss this right now?" I gave are-you-fucking-serious-I-don't-have-time-for-this-shit face.

"Alright, alright. Chill. Oh, one more thing, Janney. You sure you don't want to go to Jimin's party tonight?" he asked.

"I'm still not sure. I'll let you know before 6pm today. Alright?"

"Okay, Janney. I hope you can make it. Now, go and kill this interview, Janney. I know you can do it. Go and get 'em tiger," he said while fist bumping with me and gave me a warm hug.

"Thanks. I hope it'll go smooth."

*************************

The Evconstrue building was unique. That was one way to put it. It was definitely a high-fashioned and an expensive building. The entrance of the building was bizarre and the doorframe was coated in gold metals carved with floral designs. They were two well-built bodyguards at the entrance. I smiled at them and stepped into the building. The interior design was as richly decorated and appointed like the exterior's. It was cavernous and well-lit with glorious looking lamps and chandeliers. People in black, red, pink and all sorts of colours were buzzing everywhere. Some were on their phones. Some were checking their paperwork. Some were looking for the designs on the sketch board. It was hectic.

I hold my breath for a moment and quickly made my way to the receptionist. "I'm here for the interview."

The receptionist behind the mahogany desk looked up from her Vogue magazine which had Taylor Swift on the cover. She looked unamused. "Go to the room on your left."

"Thanks," I replied briefly.

I went to a small room filled with other candidates. Each of them was holding a resume. They were all so appealing and resplendent. It made me feel insecure of the clothes I was wearing for this interview. I wore a yellow short-sleeved blouse in chiffon with a printed pattern with low-cut V-neck at back with tie at back of neck. I paired it with high-waisted pants with decorative buttons at front and a pair of Suade pumps. Well, I thought I looked decent enough for this interview. I sat on an empty seat near the magazine stand. And I waited.

15 minutes upon my arrival, a lady with a bob-haired cut came into the room. "Grace Jane Delevingne. Am I pronouncing your name right? It's your turn for the interview."

I stood up from my seat and made my way towards the door. Well, here goes nothing!

***************************

I waited patiently in an office which I assumed was the boss's office. Even the style of her office was different and unique. There was a big, wooden desk in the middle of the room adorned with roses and orchids. The decorations were classics and old. There were a few paintings of dresses and skirts on the cork board. The checkered floor was beautiful and it suited with the forest green wallpapers. I was sitting in one of the 2 sofas which were located in front of the desk and there was a huge TV attached to the wall. But there was no Mrs. Yerim (who was the head designer of Evconstrue and the boss of the company) and I had never seen her before. So, I didn't know how she looked like.