CHAPTER 6.5

[KAI'S POV]

At Jimin's party.

It was not like I wanted to ditch Jane or anything. I had a business of my own to settle with. Thank God Jane was spacing out in the middle of the living room. She'd do that when she didn't know what to do. No one could see the dance floor; it's wall to wall people dancing to the music. There's no room for anyone anymore. The music played was all in Korean with some heavy bass and beats. Everyone was twisting, turning and grinding. There was so much sweat on my skin and not all of it was mine. The smell of vodka, whiskey and rum roamed the air. I slip out among the crowd and made my way upstairs.

Jimin's house was humongous so it was like a labyrinth up here. Some girls and boys were kissing in the hallways but I ignored them. From this distance, I saw Krystal was leaning herself against the dark blue wall, fixing her hair. I approached her slowly.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, annoyed.

"I can come to any party that I want to, Krystal. You can't stop me. And you need to stop being mean to Jane. She did nothing to you. You barely know her. She just got here and you had started calling her names and stuff. Just leave her alone," I replied with a vicious tone.

"Or what?" she looked at me with an unreadable expression.

I just looked at her. I didn't know what to answer. I wanted to punch her face though but I couldn't do that because she was a girl. But, the next scenario absolutely surprised me. She pulled my jacket towards a nearby bedroom and threw me onto the bed. She locked the door behind her.

Then, she skipped and jumped on top of me and locked both of her legs between my pelvic. I couldn't move. Her face came closer to mine and I could feel the temperature of the room was rising. She licked her lips before she did an action which made my head spun. Well, she kissed me. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I wanted to pull away but it was too good and I can't stop myself. I can no longer think straight. So, I kissed her back. Unexpectedly, she put her hands on my hips. That totally shocked me. I didn't want to go any further so I pulled my lips away from hers.

"What the hell?" she looked angry. I pulled her away from me and got up from the bed. I cling myself to the bookshelves behind me for stability. My head was spinning like crazy.

I took a few more breath before I spoke. "What is this, Krystal?"

"What are you talking about?" she looked confused.

"This? Us? Sneaking around for the past 4 months. I don't get it," I said, almost shouted. She pursed her lips. Then, I continued, "Well, you forbidden me to tell a soul. We don't speak in school. Oh fuck. We don't even look at each other."

She shrugged her shoulder before speaking. "I don't know. I like you, Kai."

"Why, Krystal?"

"I don't know. I just... do. Hmm, maybe because my father would hate it. This relationship of ours. I mean."

"Well, you know what. That's wonderful," I spit out sarcastically.

"No, I'm joking," her voice was slightly higher.

"I don't think you are, Krystal. Okay? All your daddy issues aside... This whole secret lover thing. It's starting to eat away my soul."

"Your what?" she said with a smirk while approaching dangerously closer to me.

My breath hitched. "M-my soul. A person's moral and emotional sense of identity."

She put her hands around my shoulder and gently massaging them. I felt relaxed, somehow. "See, that's what I like about you. Your brain is hot."

She tried to push me onto the bed but I didn't fall this time. I stood up straight and looked deeply into her eyes. "If you want to have a relationship with, make up your mind, Krystal."

"I'd think you should do the same too. You should be brave enough to tell your little Jane, huh?" she said.

I didn't hear what she was saying as I made my way out. I was so angry. I knew that this feeling will pass, but while it hadn't, I was well aware I could really hurt people. I needed to get out of here. This party was lame anyways. I went downstairs to look for Jane. They were so many people and it made me sick. The loud music was hurting my ears. I walked aimlessly until I reached the kitchen.

No matter how dark the kitchen was, all I had seen was her high cheekbones and mischievous, blue eyes. She was talking to that bastard, Taehyung. And she looked happy. That stung. I know it was unfair and all since I was in a complicated relationship with Krystal but I couldn't help it. I had been falling in love with her since forever. Since I saw her blue eyes, I knew she was the one. But, she could only see me as her close friend. A friend who'd be there whenever she was in trouble. Of course, I'd do that.

Before I came closer to them, I stand near the artificial oak tree to eavesdrop. I was never a busy body but I was curious to listen what they were chatting about. I couldn't listen clearly what they were saying but I could understand.

"What about we go to the coffee-," Taehyung didn't finish his sentence since I jumped out of the oak tree. He was trying to ask her out. Not on my watch! I was not being selfish or anything but I needed to protect Jane. I didn't want anyone breaking her heart. The last thing I wanted to see was her tears. And let me get this straight, it wasn't like I hated Taehyung or anything, okay, maybe a little. I barely knew this guy even though we've been in the same school for 3 years. But one thing for sure, he was a goody two shoes. He thought he was so perfect. He was Mr. popular in school. He'd get anything what he wanted. He had his own history. He had dated a few girls back then and rumours said most of them lost their virginity and they went sobbing under a bridge or something afterwards. Thus, I didn't want Jane to get involved with this bastard. She was precious. She deserved a guy who'll love her unconditionally. And that guy was definitely not Taehyung. Nor me.

"There you are, Janney! I've been looking everywhere for you. C'mon. I think it's time to hit the road, kiddo," I said while putting up a fake smile.

Taehyung looked pissed. Good.

"So, see you at school, Taehyung. It was a nice chat. I promise I'll read it once I get back home," Jane said to Taehyung.

Taehyung looked at me, then at Jane. His eyes were glaring at me. Then, they softened when they shifted to Jane's. "Yeah, I'll see you around, Jane. Bye."

As soon as he was out of my sight, I stood in front of Jane and held her arm. "Let's go Cinderella. I need to send you home before the clock strikes 12." 

END OF CHAPTER 6.5