Chapter 22: Inside Job

Peter's P.O.V

I looked right into my big brothers eyes. I could see how broken he already was. How could I dare to make him feel worse than he already was? What kind of brother would I be if I destroyed every piece of himself he was still holding on to? How could I?

Sean's P.O.V

I noticed Peter and Aaron standing in the corner talking. Well, they weren't doing very much talking. It looked like Peter was trying to tell Aaron something but he couldn't quite bring himself to it.

I noticed that Gabe and Luke were still giving each other death glares from across the mahogany coffee table still.

Blaine and Jack looked to be bickering as well. And for the rest of them, they were looking all around the place. Xavier and Jake were staring out the window and the stormy, gray sky. William was leaning forward, his head in his hands, trying to keep himself together. Kurt was just looking off into the distance. Sam was staring at the double doors that lead to the hall of which Emily's room is down like she's going to burst through those doors, perfectly happy. Eric was staring at the ground with wide eyes. Blake and John just sitting there, not looking anywhere in particular, blank faces, no emotion. Mitchell was now talking to the receptionist to see when the next time anyone but Peter would be able to visit Emily. Since Peter is the one making her medical decisions, he's got to be with her the most. And then there was Tyler. He was looking at me.  I will never be able to forget the looks that any of my brothers have on their faces right now.

Peter's P.O.V

I inhaled deeply. I knew it was Aaron's right to know what was going on. In fact, it's all of our rights to know. We all care for her.

"Peter!" Aaron yelled. I could tell he was getting agitated with the secret I was obviously reluctant to tell.

"Someone has been messing with Emily while she's been here. Messing with her monitor, with her IVs. The doctor thinks that someone either wants Emily to stay here where they have access to her or they're trying to make it more difficult for her to wake up and stay up," I say, trying to word everything right. Word everything right? Who am I kidding? There's nothing right about this situation at all.

_______________________
Hope you enjoyed!!