Chapter 18: Sing To Me

Emily's P.O.V

I fall to the floor and automatically my vision starts blurring. I can see some faces of my brothers and I can hear their voices. Freaking out. I know I've been shot. They can't lose another person. Not now. I feel my eyes starting to close and after trying to fight the growing urge to let myself close my eyes, I do. I close my eyes. Knowing this May be the last time I ever see the people I care about ever again.

Peter's P.O.V

I walk in Emily's hospital room. I've been talking to her since the night she was brought here. That was two whole days ago. I can't help but think that she may never wake up but even while thinking that, I still have a sliver of faith left. That she'll wake up. We'll find the people responsible for making our lives a living hell in these last couple of days.

"Hey Em.." I say walking to her bed and taking her hand. "Are you going to wake up today? We really need you Emily. These last couple of days.. Months even have just been completely.. Weird. You've gone through all that fine because you're strong. You can't give up on yourself now Em. Don't give up on us either. Please. Forgive me for not taking the bullet. Forgive me for all the bad things me or any of the others have caused in your life. When you get out of here we need to move. Whether that means leaving behind Gabe and Luke or not. We want you to be safe and away from all this. We want you to have a normal life and forget all about the horrible one you've led so far," I say. I feel her hand twitch in my hand. I study her face and soon she flutters her eyes open ever so slightly.

"Peter.. It's not your fault," she says and lets out a weak cough.

"Yes it is. You're my little sister. I'm supposed to protect you. No matter what the circumstances are. You do know that don't you?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"No Peter. I'd rather me hurt than anyone else anyday," she says softly.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask.

"Sing to me.." She says.