Chapter 10- A New Day/Escape

Ayyyyyye sorry I've been busy with school lately (ACTs suck ass)

ANyway, this and the next chapter are the last of this story! Yay! I've finished it. I might write a similar story, but idk yet

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red sat on the edge of a tall building, her feet swinging over the edge as she watched the sun rise. It had been a few days since Theo's death and the city had come to seem more normal; Penguin returned to his place as the King of Gotham, killing Butch in the process, and Gordon had successfully stayed out of trouble with the precinct. Jerome and Red were hanging out together often and she had been teaching him more things with fighting and stealing.

Red smiled and dropped down from the roof to the ground, landing quietly on her feet. She turned toward the main part of the city and began walking, not in a hurry to be anywhere for another hour when she would be expected at Oswald's. She was turning a corner down a side street when she saw a man shoving something into the back of a van; she snuck up slowly behind him and peered into the vehicle, her eyes widening when she saw it was a man who seemed to be entirely frozen. Just then, the sound of sirens came down the street and Red ducked into the alley behind her.

The police officer stepped out of her car and carefully approached the man. "Sir? Please turn around and keep your hands where I can see 'em. Do you live around here?"

"Uhm, no. I mean, I used to. I've moved since then. I'm just running errands," he replied anxiously, blocking the van with his body best he could -which wasn't much.

The officer looked around him and gave him a suspicious look when she saw the foot of the man along with a few odd tools and a strange-looking gun. "What do you have there, sir?"

She took a few steps forward, but moved quickly away when he advanced on her. "I apologize, officer, but I can't let you survive," he apologized, aiming the gun and shooting, but instead of a bullet it shot a wave of blue liquid that completely froze the woman.

Red raised her eyebrow as he quickly closed the trunk of the van and drove off; she waited until the vehicle was out of sight before stepping onto the street and walking up to the frozen officer. She pulled a red, leather glove on her hand and ran a finger over her face, humming in thought at the smooth ice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red managed to make it to the club on time, only to find out that Oswald had been taken away by a couple of GCPD officers. After asking questions of the staff, she discovered he had been taken to Arkham.

"Goddamn GCPD, can't leave well enough alone," she grumbled, running quickly to the asylum. She wasn't quite sure what she would do, but she knew she would get him out of there. When she reached the steel gate, she stopped and went around the side and climbed a brick section, perching on top and watching the courtyard carefully as she made a plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not going back into that shithole," Jerome said, answering Red's previous request.

"But Pengy has been put inside there and we gotta get 'im out," Red complained, crossing her arms.

Jerome shook his head stubbornly.

Red put her hands on her hips. "Well, then I'm goin' in."

"No!" Jerome shout, jumping to his feet and leaning in her face. "Y'know what they'll do to ya? They'll make you sick, shock your head and do experiments on ya. I'm not letting you go through that. Penguin will get himself out eventually."