Chapter 1

Growing up you , did your momma or sister or anyone that gave you advice said " all a boy want is one thing and when he get it he'll be gone to the next? "

Hey my name is Aliana Thomas . I'm from Houston .. Yea i know what you thinking . No I'm not that ghetto and I'm not into that drug mess . I'm in the 10th grade and I have 2 sisters and 1 brother .. My life was so simple until I met him .....
" So you ready for the tournament tomorrow. We get to get outta school today so we can go ahead and see the competition" Liyah my best friend explained to me excitedly . " Aye I just hope we aleast get 1st or 2nd place . But if a white girl hit me . Imma post up with ha " I said laughing . We walked to our second period class and sat down by each other .
When the teacher was talking I felt someone looking at me I didn't  know we're it was coming from but I knew someone was looking at me . " A , mon looking at you . He cute . You should go over there and talk to him why youover here playing hard to get " Liyah said . I turned around and seen he was really looking at me . Mon was a short dark skin , his hair was cut like everybody's these days but baby boy was rocking it . Lol . He smiled and I smiled back and turned around before this teacher call me cause she know I don't even know what she talking about . The bell rung and me and Liyah got up and left and mon stopped me . " A can I tolk to you real quick ?" I blushed and looked at Lyiah . She smirked and said " I'll wait for you in the front " . I giggled and looked at him . " Wassup Mon ?" I said trying not to seem excited. " Nothing much , I was just wondering can I have your number?" He said smiling . I knew he was as nervous as me . I gave him my number and walked to the front were Liyah and her boyfriend was hugged up . I rolled my eyes and grabbed her and we walked out to my car and left . I'm ready to get this tournament over with so I can see mon..

" A do you remember that girl from Fairfield? With the ghetto name ? " Liyah asked as we woke up in the morning. We made it to Dallas around 7 and went to go see some girls play . I was actually happy , those girls sucked and mon been texting me all day . I got from under the covers and said " the one that her daddy was going out with your mama ? " . She looked up at me and rolled her eyes " yea her ugly self . She doing a gm post thing . But she been doing everybody's but mine " I laughed and grabbed my phone and like the ' gm post ' and put my jandles on and we walked down to were we was going to have breakfast. I made me a waffle and got some orange juice and walked to were Liyah was . She was mugging her phone so I knew that girl didn't post a picture of her . So I asked laughing " she still haven't posted your picture?" She looked at me with a unamused face and said " nope but she did post one of you " she rolled her eyes and I looked at my phone and seen it . I laughed and said " Gm boo 😘 " and ate some of my waffle when my phone vibrated . I thought it was mon but then it was someone trying to slide in my dms . I looked and it was some boy from temple . He asked for my number but had a whole date in his bio like he had a girlfriend. But I gave him my number anyway . I'll wish I hadn't later . I finished my waffle and we walked back into our room and got ready for the game . Lyiah was all in the restroom flat irony her hair . She didn't play so I wasn't worried about her , I put on my uniform and knee pads and jandles . I put my shoes in my bag and waited on Liyah to get finished  . I called my coach and we went to the gym . When we got to the gym it was full of people . The first game we had to play was some white girls . I wasn't mad cause last night they got torn apart by some Mexicans. Me and my team stretched and I was texting mon  on my phone . Then that boy from temple texted me . Well his name Marquis and he 14 . He know one of my friends Chris . I asked him if he had a girlfriend and he said no . I hope he don't think I'm stupid . I just went alone with it because my phone been dry lately . We played and won by like 20 . It was a fun game the whole time we was laughing and playing around . After the game I didn't bother looking at my phone and got in the car and went to the hotel and took a shower then went to sleep . That game tired me out .
I woke up around 8 and looked at my phone . I seen I had 3 missed texts from mon and 2 from marquis . I texted the both back and walked into the hallway were I found everybody that came with us sitting and talking either on the phone or with each other . I laid on Lyiah and told her about marquis . I showed her a picture of him and she laughed " really? he ugly and mon is fine . You trippin " I rolled my eyes and got up and went to my coach room and got something to eat . I felt my phone ring and it was a FaceTime call from mon . I answered it and smiled big and he started laughing and smirked  " dang girl , you must miss me ? " I nodded my head yes and walked into my room . We talked until it was 11 o'clock and hung up . I was about to go to  sleep , until marquis texted me . I texted him for a while and told him goodnight and went to sleep around 1 .

I was so confused that night . I didn't know if I should talk to mon , who is sweet and actually make a real relationship with him . Or talk to marquis the one with a girl friend and try to make up every excuse that he can think of . But is soo sweet . I just closed my eyes and in the morning so I can ask lyiah . I kinda already know what she going to say ...