Chapter 2 ~ Eyes

Lauren's POV

February 9th 2016

It was always the same. I would come home and cry for hours. Ally, Dinah, or Mani would hang out in my room with me and we would all watch a horrible movie. Mainly comedy, to make me smile. They would always try and comfort me and try and make me smile again. I couldn't smile, not until she woke up. I missed her crisp raspy voice, and her chocolate brown eyes. I missed seeing her dorky smiley or her awkward laughs. I missed her pink lips against mine and just seeing her. I missed all of her. Her body, her personality, her voice, her lips, her jokes, her....

Tonight was different. I didn't spend it in misery. They always told me how unhealthy it was for me to be doing this. I hadn't gone back to school. The first I couldn't because I did have trama and whiplash. The second week I needed to be there for her testing. The third week I got depressed. This week I was just there. The girls started getting worried about me so I promised them I would return to school when she woke up or one month later. It was one month later and she still wasn't awake. I had to go back to school tomorrow. We finished watching whatever movie we were watching and I got up off the couch with the other two who were making out and made my way to Ally in the kitchen. I placed my bowl of strawberries in the sink and leaned against the counter while she washed the bowl.

"Are you sure you'll be okay tonight, all alone?" The last week ally spent the night in my room. I would either have nightmares of the crash or was just to emotional to be alone. I shared my room with Camila and she and I shared a king sized bed. Ally had her own room and so did Dinah and Mani but I don't think either of them knew that. They always slept in Dinah's room.

"Yeah Ally, I have to get up pretty early tomorrow so I don't want to wake you up." Considering Ally had afternoon classes and I was always at the hospital after 10:30 I never woke up early. I know 8:00 isn't exactly early but It was early for Ally.

"Well if you need me im next door." Our apartment was huge. It lead upstairs and then downstairs. Downstairs we had the kitchen and the living room. Behind the couch we had shelves with DVD's on them. A bunch of movie we all got each other and our parents bought when we graduated. Dinah and Mila were the babies. Ally is a junior in college, Mani and I are sophomores and Mila and Dinah are freshman. Ally's parents got her this place when she graduated. She moved out and Mani moved in. I moved in, then Dinah. Camila was last because her parents didn't want her alone in a room with her girlfriend every night. We have been dating since 8th grade, well she was in 7th. At first we were just friends, have been since tk/k, but then my feelings grew. I asked her out and then when I was a freshman we officially started dating. We hung out all the time before that though. Upstairs we had the bedrooms. My room was on the left and ally's was at the end of the hall. Dinah and Mani's room were right next to each other even though she never slept in her room. Upstairs was more of a floor than a hallway. The bathroom was next to my room. My room, since I shared with Camila, was the biggest.

"Okay, Goodnight Ally." I propped myself off the counter and headed to the spiral staircase. "Goodnight Love birds, try not to be to loud tonight." I said and added a wink. Dinah glared at me and Mani kissed her girlfriends cheek.

"Ah lesbians." Ally said and I laughed. I ran up the stairs on all fours. I was on my hands and feet, in a spiral.

When I got to my room I went over to the dresser and pulled out some of Camila's boy shorts. I slipped my jean shorts off and hers on. I dug through my own drawers to find a shirt and couldn't find anything. I looked in our closest that had a divider and then went back over to Camila's dresser. We both had dressers and half a closet. I found her 1975 band T and threw it on. It smelled like mint and I hugged the T-shirt. I trotted over to my bed and jumped under the covers. I pulled the blankets over my face and let my hair out of its messy bun. My hair was wet from my shower three hours ago. I put my phone on the nightstand and sniffed the pillows. They had a faint mint smell and I felt Camila's presence.