Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

February 11th 2016

"Hey Lauren", Dinah spoke loudly over the phone while she was on speaker. I was sketching baby ducks, I don't really know why, while Dinah called me after Normani's doctor appointment.

"Yeah whats up?" I asked setting down the yellow color pencil and locking eyes with Camila.

"Well first tell Chanch I said Hi and second-" I cut her off.

"She can hear you." I said staring at Camila and titling my head to look at her. She looked.... angry?

"Oh well then Hi Chancho and also Mani has the flu and strep. I feel so awful. They gave her prescription drugs but I just want her to feel better. By the way Chancho your fish might've fallen down the drain this morning, but don't worry he's safe." I rolled my eyes listening to my best friend change from topic so easily.

"Anyways Mani just threw up on me so im gonna have to go. Love you Laur, love you too Chanch sorry I cant see you today." Normani was whining in the background and I laughed. Dinah hung up the phone and I continued coloring the ducks.

"Pretty and done." I said finishing up the baby duck and showing Camila. I was trying to figure out what was going on in that pretty little head. I could read her like my favorite book, but it's harder when she cant speak. I missed her voice. I felt bad that all she could do all day was watch TV and melt her brain. She couldn't even eat.

"Okay we need to do something, this is so boring. Im going to give you three options. Option one The Blue Planet. Option two The Justin Bieber movie, or Option three The 100. Blink however many times the option was." She ended up blinking two times and we ended up watching the JB movie. Sitting in silence drawing animals is very fun. I appreciate being with Camila and having her in my presence, but I need more. I got a phone call a few minutes after the movie started and walked outside before answering.

"Zayn hey." After high school Zayn and I stayed close, considering we were both majoring together at the University.

"Hey Lauren. Professors been asking about you all week. Is everything okay?" Zayn and I were close friends. I hadn't really talked to anyone since she was entered in the hospital.

"Yeah just been busy. Ill email him later, thanks for letting me know." A couple walked by me and I smiled.

"Well the lads want to see you sometime this week, if thats okay?" I looked through the window and saw Camila sleeping, I think. I had to be here.

"We'll see Zayn. I got to go, but thanks." I thanked him and hung up the phone. I walked back in and she was indeed asleep. "Precious." I said kissing her forehead and walking to the cafeteria. While I was there I got a jello. I got lime flavored and a spoon with it. I sat down next to a boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes. I knew he was a nurse there because I've seen him before, but in another room.

"Ah you have a spoon!" He said frightened. He had an english accent. He was in teal scrubs with a ID card clipped to his hip.

"Are you scared of spoons?" I asked licking the jello from the spoon and dropping it back in the clear cup. He scooted further away from me and I eyed him questioningly.

"I am not scared of spoons." He said trying to act strong. "Okay I am. The names Liam. Liam Payne."  He said sticking out his hand. I accepted it and shook his hand. He was very strong.

"Ive seen you before, with that girl, Camila?" He asked pronouncing it right. Thank god.

"Yes, she my girlfriend." I said taking another spoonful of jello. He watched the spoon closely and I dropped it in the cup again.