Chapter 7

February 10th 2016

"That sounded bad." John said and I felt a little calmer. "But we still have something to tell you." John said and they pulled me out of the hallway.

"Whats going on?" I was very confused as to why Camila's nurse and another nurse who wasn't hers was talking to me.

"Nothing its just-" before Zaya could finish another doctor came out looking for her. 

"Zaya I need your help." She turned around very quickly to make nothing look suspicious and then headed off with him.

"John?" He took a deep breath before proceeding.

"The doctors want to transfer Camila out of the hospital to a coma facility. Its out of state." My hope had shattered again.

"What? Why shes awake?" He sighed.

"That isn't enough Lauren. Dr. Nick is testing her brains reactions and Dr. Vines is testing her too. They want her to actually move, not just her fingers."

"Shes trying. I can tell she is-"

"It doesn't matter. She needs to actually move." I let out a shaky uneven breath and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Im sorry Lauren. I thought you should know." I nodded and he left me alone. I was just standing in the hallway when Ally walked by me.

"Hey Lo, you okay?" Maybe even Ally could cheer me up.

"Remember when we researched comas?" She nodded. "Well what did you research about them." She went on explaining how she researched the brains development and how it is stalled in a coma. I sighed before we went back in the room. Time passed very quickly and visiting hours ended soon. Dinah was with me but she was on the phone with Ally who left with Normani after we went back in. We were watching another really bad movie.

"Well Normani threw up, again. I made her a doctors appointment for tomorrow so I'm not going to be here with you and mila." She sighed and dropped her phone in her lap. "I hate when shes sick. I just want her to feel better, you know, like shes more important to me than anyone else. Like her health and stuff." Dinah and I were both looking at Camila and I was smiling. Her mouth formed an 'o' shape realizing how much I could relate to that.

"Yes Dinah I know." She chuckled.

"Okay Ralph I don't need your smart ass." I hated when she called me that.

"I hate it when you call me that Dinah."  She laughed even more and Camila seemed to be enjoying our banter.

"Well thats your name, Loren." She said stressing the 'lo' part. I laughed at my best friend as Danny came in the room. Danny was about 5'11 with a mohawk. It wasn't a mohawk like a spiked one but more like her shaved the sides of his head and the top sticks up. He had black eyes and a perfect tan.

"Im sorry guys but visiting hours are up." I nodded as Dinah stood up gathering her stuff. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Look Camz don't be scared okay. They are trying to help you, I promise. Ill be back in the morning I love you." I kissed her head again before letting go of her hand. I was extremely worried about leaving her alone all night with people she didn't know. I knew her and I knew how scared she was. I know her nurse are harmless but she doesn't. I dragged Danny out before we left.

"Is it you or John who is on her night shift tonight?" His voice was very low.

"John. Im only here for a few hours." I thanked him and Dinah and I left. Halfway to the elevator I spotted John and stopped to talk to him.