Chapter 11

February 18th 2016

"I'm back. Here is the water and the meds." He said with a tray of two white pills. She looked at them before I squeezed her hands reassuringly.

"It might hurt your throat but if you take them the pain will go away." He said handing her the cup. She eyed the pills and glared at them. The tray she had rested on her bed and was connected to it but it didn't touch her. She was still glaring at the pills. I immediately knew what she was thinking.

"They're to big for her." I said and John bit his lip. "I..."

"We can crush them up and put them in something, if you'd like?" John asked his eyes settling on Camila. She looked up slowly and nodded.

"Applesauce?" I asked and saw her smiling. I looked at John and he nodded settling the tray down and leaving the room.

"Since when did you become so keen on applesauce?" I asked smiling at her. I focused on her very intently and her smile was very widely.

"Since I hadn't eaten for a month." She said very quietly and I could still hear the raspiness in her broken voice.

John reentered the room with applesauce. He crushed the pills and poured it in the applesauce mixing it first. This was going to taste like hell.

"Lauren?" He asked handing me the applesauce and leaving the room. I looked at Camila who was looking at the applesauce and then looked up at me. Her head was turned and I saw the pain in her eyes.

"I can't believe you're still hungry." I said spoon feeding her. She squeezed her eyes shut and I knew it was probably gross.

"It burns." She said in a low voice and I saw her eyes glossing over. I put it down and she shook her head.

"No I need this." She said and I saw her in pain. "Please Lauren." She said and squeezed my hand very hard.

"Just tell me if you want me to stop, okay?" I asked and continued feeding her the applesauce. I saw her fighting the tears and it broke my heart. Seeing her in that much pain killed me. Like Dinah said with Normani I just want her to be okay, I love her to much. When she hurts I hurt.

"And you are done." I said throwing away the applesauce cup and disposing the plastic spoon. I turned around and saw her eyes quickly avert back up. I blushed knowing she just checked me out.

"Nice Camz, very smooth." I said sliding back in the chair and kissing her cheek. She blushed lightly and looked away.

"So what do you want to do now?" I asked sighing and checking the clock. She looked up too and sighed.

"I want to leave." She said quietly and I frowned. Just then her phone rang. I was holding her phone and she titled her head to the side once she heard her ringtone.

"Dinah." She said when the beyoncé ringtone filled the room. "Thats.... mine." She said slowly and I grabbed her phone from my back pocket.

"I guess I accidentally took your phone this morning." I said laughing and pressing the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Ralphie. I need help." Dinah said and I sighed not knowing if this was going to be real help or fake. "When are visiting hours up?" She asked and Camila looked out the window.

"In two hours." I said checking the clock and staring at my girlfriend who was staring at something. I looked past her head and out the window.

"I can't wait then. I'll be there soon." Dinah said hanging up the phone. I dropped it in my lap and glared intently out the window.