Chapter | Five

Hey I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while! So to compensate here's the trailer >>> 

Happy Birthday to withmylovex so this is dedicated to you!! 

I hope you'll all enjoy a little Darry, I think that's what you call them? 

“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” 

― Richelle Mead, Frostbite

Chapter Five:

“Tell me you want me,” he says and hovers over the last word as he leans over the table between us so our faces are just inches apart but I don’t dare move a muscle. He’s watching my lips as I think of an answer, all I want to do is kiss him. I want to know if his lips are as soft as they look against mine and I want to know what it would feel like to be a little bit reckless for once. Probably really good.

I lean in closer, so we’re only centimetres from contact and hover there for a moment. Our eyes lock for a mere second before I glance down at his lips and back up with my mine between my teeth. When I look back up he’s watching my mouth and I let the corners turn up a little. I feel him move in a little close and I know he wants it too; we’re so close I can feel his breath on the tip of my nose. “Just say it,” he whispers.

“No,” I whisper back, and our noses brush as I get up from my seat. I turn for the door and Harry gets up from his seat, I can hear him move toward me.

“You can’t say you don’t want me Desirae,” he whispers in my ear and I can feel his heat radiate through me and his hot breath on my neck. He’s standing right behind me, so close I can feel the fabric of his shirt against my back.

“I never said that,” is all I say, and as much as I wanted him to pull me back into his chest, he didn’t. All I feel is hot bursts of his breath on the back of my neck as he chuckles.

“Just one date, and if you’re still not interested I’ll leave you alone,” I turn to look at him and he takes a small step back.

“Just one date?” I clarify and he nods real slow.

“Maybe... tomorrow night?”

“Can’t.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Can’t, I have practice,” I tell him and he shrugs.

“I’ll pick you up from practice, where is it?”

“Why do you want this so badly?”

“You’re interesting, please?”

“Pick me up from the dance studio around the corner at nine and not a minute later,” I tell him and Jess is standing in the hall when I open the door with a confused look on her face. “He’s free to go, I was with him last night. He didn’t do it.” Harry follows me out of the interrogation room and doesn’t say a word until he gets to the main entrance.

“See you tomorrow night, Desirae!” He calls and with that he’s gone. I can feel Jess standing next to me and out of the corner of my eye I can see her jaw hanging.

“Did you two?”

“Not even a little bit.”

“Too bad, he looks like he’d be great in bed,” she says and I whip my head around to look at her. “What? He would!”

“But he’s a criminal,” I say, and look down at the file in my hands.

“Is he really though?”