Chapter | Six

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” 

― Toni Morrison

I don't know about you guys but when I have a new story idea it's usually because I'm like oh I'd love to read a story like that and bam! I really do hope you actually read these quotes they're like chapter titles... 

I'm so sorry it's taken so long to post this one but I think you'll definitely enjoy it!!

"I don't like surprises," I repeat but he seems completely unfazed because a smirk spreads across his face like I said something funny, which I don’t believe I did.

"I know, you've said that already," he says and slides his hand around so he's holding my hip and I shove him off with a warning glare. "Oh, come on Chavez, the only way I can get you in is by passing you off as my partner," he says and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"What is this?" I ask him pointing toward the building we were facing. It was massive and it looks pretty old yet fashionable like an old theatre or something like that. It seems pretty deserted which makes me nervous, where has Harry taken me? Should I have come more prepared? Of course I should have. Why should I have ever trusted Harry Styles?

"It's nice; please... just... just hold my hand?" He asks me, and his shoulders rise awkwardly as he takes a step closer, those eyes never meeting mine. "I promise, I won't try anything again unless you ask me to," he whispers and looks at me through his curtain of curls which still shadow his face. I take his hand when he offers it to me and we link our fingers together. He sure knows how to make a girl melt on the inside.

"Promise?" I whisper back and scuff the bottom of my heel on the pavement.

"Cross my heart," he replies and we walk up to the entrance hand in hand.

"Names," the tall and bulky security guard grunts. He’s bigger than a door, that’s probably why he’s outside; he can’t actually get through the door.

"Harry Styles and partner," Harry says and flicks his hair to the side to get a better look at the guard. Barry, I read off his name tag, reads through all the names carefully until he finds the one he wants, ticking it off.

"Alright, in you go Mister and Misses Styles," Barry says and I glare up at Harry in shear shock. He glances down at me and quickly pulls me into the building before I can create a scene.

"M-m-misses?!" I screech, "We never agreed on Misses!" Harry shifts from foot to foot as he thinks of what to say.

"Shh!" he hushes, "You just had to get in as my partner alright? It doesn't mean anything!"

"Sure and next think I know you'll be telling people we have a son called Harry junior," I squeak and stomp my foot like a child.

"Oh, stop being so fricken dramatic Desirae," Harry says and rolls his eyes at me.

"I'm not being dramatic!"

"And you're not chucking a tantrum right now," he says real slow and calm. The obvious sarcasm makes me furious.

"Fuck Harry!" I groan and storm through the corridor like a child and instantly feel like an idiot.

"Des, please don't be like this!" He calls after me and I stop in my tracks to let him catch up. "I'm sorry if it offended you that he called you misses Styles, I swear it doesn't mean anything it was just to get you in," he says and runs his hands through his hair.

"Why do I have to be your partner to get into this thing?" I ask him.

"Why don't you come and see?" He suggests and holds out his arm for me to take. I hold it in my hand and follow him into a massive ballroom.

"W-w-what?" I stutter, "A-a-a-are we in the right place?" I ask, admiring the roof decorations and all the beautiful dresses. They’re all so colourful and they look like they cost thousands, "I'm not really dressed for a ball," I whisper into his ear and he chuckles.

"Yeah, we're in the right place, and don't worry, you're the most beautiful girl here by far." He whispers in my ear.

Have you ever had your heart literally flutter? It lasts maybe a second but it warms you up inside. You can't help but smile at what someone just said or did because it makes you feel so special. There’s no reason for him to be this nice to me.

"Oh, I don't know Harry..." I mumble into his sleeve and he stops to run his finger along my jaw line and lift my head to face him.

He smiles at me for a second and we meet eyes, "If you let me, I could make you feel beautiful," he says and we hold position for a second. It’s amazing how totally and utterly safe I feel right now. His eyes are warm and comforting.

"H-harry..." I say and he pulls his hand away.

"I understand, you don't have to say anything more," he says and stiffens up, looking around once more.

"I didn't say anything..." I say and try to get his attention.

"I could hear it in your tone," he says and we’re walking again through the crowds, he stops occasionally to look around.

"Harry! Over here!" a female voice calls and Harry turns toward the voice with a massive dimpled grin forming.

"Who's that?" I ask him and he smiles down at me.

"Someone a little jealous?" he winks and tugs me over.

"No?" I grunt, he said he'd never taken anyone else on a date? Who is this girl? Okay so I might be a little bit jealous. He made me feel so special just seconds before and now it’s all about this other girl?

"Ah! Harry I missed you so much! Where have you been? I've been trying to call you but you never pick up!" She squeals and they go in for an annoyingly long embrace. It’s like they’ve known each other for years! When they pull away he looks at her with admiration and holds her hands in his.

“Ugh, I know I’m so sorry I’ve been terribly busy!” He agrees and they pull each other into yet another embrace. Hold up. This is not on. Excuse me? Harry Styles. I am your date! Hello? Have you forgotten about your date? I wish I actually had the balls to say what I’m thinking. Instead I stand there and awkwardly smile, looking between the two; patiently waiting for an introduction of some sort.  WHO DO YOU THINK THE MYSTERY GIRL IS OH MY GOD!   GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS BELLOW!! I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU GUYS ALL YOUR OPINIONS MATTER TO ME XOXO