Expectations that matter...

We often come across people who are constantly expecting that people perform the duties towards them efficiently , even when they dont really deserve it or are not necessarily the right recipients. On social media we come across posts that say and let me quote, "Expectations hurt" , but do you really think that you love someone and then expect them to love you back is what actually matters? Or you make compromises or changes in your life for your loved ones and then expect them to do the same for you when need arises? But seriously let me tell you that its not a contract that needs to be satisfied or completed from both the ends. Its your love for them, your wish to bring changes in your life for your and your family's well-being. Its never their duty to fulfill your expectations; just because you did something for them its not their duty to do something in return. If they ever do anything in return it should be out of love and not to fulfill your expectations. It's neither their duty to fulfill your expectations, nor is it for you to do things which you dont want to do. No one has forced you.

It's human tendency to expect things in return. But you know what are the expectations that should be held as important - "Expectations from yourself". Yes, these the expectations that can give you immense happiness once you are able to satisfy them. They can make you as well as break you. It can really make you feel useless or depress you at the same time. They can decide your life, your future, your goals and your happiness at present as well as in future. This should be your only priority.

Let me tell you from a personal experience how is it that I realised that this is what matters the most. My story is related from the career point of view. However, expectations that you hold for yourself is what is important in all aspects in life. I had been pursuing Chatered Accountancy and the first part or the first level for me was way too easy, it was a cakewalk. However then came the intermediate level; the studying, the preparations for exams also used to be fun because I had coaching classes for almost 6-7 hours along with my degree college. So I was out for almost 11-12 hours a day enjoying and studying every moment with my friends at college as well as coaching. However the issue arised when the exams approached. Actually at that point it wasn't a big deal. The first exam was company accountancy and i was pretty much prepared. However, the problem arised when inspite of being confident and prepared, the exam didn't go well. My parents realised that I am pretty much not going to clear and so did I. After the exams I pretty much lost interest in the course and the problem was that this was the year when the portion was getting updated too; so if I didn't clear I would have to redo an entire new portion in lesser time than earlier.After a month the results did come and I hadn't cleared the exam. That's when my parents were way too dissapointed with me. I just thought that I couldn't meet upto their expectations which was actually traumatising because I had always wanted to do things to make them feel proud about what I have achieved. So I just made a decision to give it another try but a week into studies I still wasn't happy even when my parents seemed happy, even when I was trying to achieve the level of expectations they had set. That's when I realised it's not their expectations from me and the fulfilment which will give me happiness, but what I expect from myself and how I achieve it is going to give me happiness. From that day I took a break from Chatered Accountancy and decided to do what I felt was my calling and joined the Management course; which I am pretty much enjoying and now I feel that after MBA,I can pursue Chatered Accountancy again because at that point of time I wasnt really ready for it, but presently I do expect myself doing that in future.

However, this is when I realised my interests as well as what I should give importance too, but it not only just applies to career it's includes all the phases in life. It includes your love life, where it really doesnt matter what the other person does for you, what matters is what you do for them and whether you meet the expectations you have set for performing things you are doing for them. Same applies for your work place, what really matters is what are your expectations from yourself and whether you achieve it. But what is the most important thing is " Your expectations should be ACHIEVABLE, as well as should not be too LOW which is just way too easily achievable." One should neither UNDERESTIMATE themselves, nor OVERESTIMATE oneself.

-------------------------- ---------------------
Okayy guyys heyy... Here's the first chapter...i hope you guyss like it...and looking forward to hearing ur stories and feel free to msg me if u are stuck in sme situation and need sme suggestions or help. Love you all...
Be happy and optimistic
Till the next update
XOXO...loads of love... <3 <3