Chapter Five: Stitches

I ended up staying with Tia in her room because they both didn't want me to stay with Yvette. Though, I had persuaded Tia that I should sleep on the floor, I woke up with her hugging me again. She's on the floor with me. I wonder when did she even came down from her bed. Well, at least now I get to keep my clothes on. She did have clothes too, most of them.

I got myself up at 7:00 in the morning. Way too late for a jog or early practice but a practice should happen. I need to train more for the coming events and I want to get strong too. I might have to lower my comments about Yvette since she's the one who'll mentor me for today. A free tutorial in a game like this is like a cheat. Not everyone in this game is this kind.

Having myself prepared for the training, I came out of Tia's room, almost tip toeing. I shouldn't wake Tia up. It would be quite a fuss if she finds out that I'm goig out with Yvette. At least in this way, I'll keep the awkward moments to a minimum.

I reached Yvette's room and before my hand hit the door, it opened fast, Yvette standing behind it.

"You're late!" She greeted. "Should've came two hours ago!"

Being not able to defend myself, I just scratched my head and shrugged. "I'm sorry."

"Ain't anything we can do about it now anyway." She shook her head left and right, trying to look behind me. "Where's your gal?"

"She's not my 'gal'." I replied. "Tia's just a good friend."

"Ain't just a friend with what she thinks about you."

"Please, drop this topic." I snapped. Then again, I need to be a little patient with her. She's going to help me after all.

She just shrugged and walked past me heading downstairs. I immediately followed and caught up to her heels. Reaching the first floor, I nodded at Marie and some of the people whom I already knew for being always present at this inn. Some of them are drinking coffee while some are already drinking beers and ale.

"We have to reach the Dim Light forest before it turns 8." Yvette said without turning to face me. "Can you do it?"

"Yes, ma'am!" I replied while pretending to be a soldier saluting at her back.

"Good! Then, keep up and stop dawdling!"

Though, players don't really feel fatigue without having a low percentage in their energies, I felt like I had to catch my breathe because of all the running and slaying that I did. Yvette made me kill all the monsters that came into her sight and told me that it was part of her training for me. I just hope she knows what she's doing because I'm already getting tired.

We reached the Dim Light forest five minutes before 8. The forest was located North East of the Newbie Land. The highest level of monster that I have seen so far is level 25. A bit high for me. At the moment, I'm only level 8.

I already killed almost fifty plus momsters and almost depleted my mana. Good thing I bought two bottles of mana potions last night or I'm going to have to train without my skills.

"Not your best, Tobi." She said.

I was a bit shocked that she knows and called my name just like that. I mean, she finally doesn't think of me as a pervert.

"Get your sword ready. I'm going to lure a Giant Bat for you to kill." She turned to face the forest. "You'll show me how you will kill an opponent who's going to be far from your reach."

I felt nervous with whats he said. A Giant Bat is a flying creature and wouldn't land just to attack. I need to outsmart the creature inorder to defeat it but how? The creature would be far off from my level and its speed would be more advanced than boars, wolves and slimes.