stranger

"Wake up, Spencer!"
I slowly opened my eyes to see a stranger standing over me.
"Who are you?" I said.
"No time to explain, come with me!"
I got out of my bed to find that I was already dressed. I wondered how that was possible. I reached down and pinched my arm to make sure this wasn't a dream. Nothing happened. I turned around to see the stranger staring at me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.
"Get your hands off me you freak!"
"I'm not here to hurt you, calm down." he said.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Kile." he said,  "I am here to rescue you."
"Rescue me from what?" I asked.
"Didn't they tell you?" Kile said.
"Who told me what?"
Suddenly I heard the door slam open downstairs.
"Come on, I will explain on the way." he said.
He yanked open the window and motioned for me to follow him.  I heard shouts downstairs and started to climb out the window onto the balcony behind him.
"How are we going to get down?" I asked.
"Jump." Kile replied.
He laughed at the look of terror on my face and started to walk towards the edge of the balcony.  He picked up what looked like climbing gear and handed it to me. He started to buckle his harness and motioned for me to do the same.
"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked.
"If you don't let go." he replied.
"Of what?" I questioned.
"Me." he replied.
He slowly walked toward me and picked me up.  He attached the other end of our harnesses to the balcony. Just as we were about to jump, the door slammed open and a man dressed in black jumped out. He was holding a gun and had a knife in his belt. I couldn't move. Kile was trying to pull me, but I was rooted to the spot.
"Come on, Spencer." Kile whispered.
I wouldn't budge.
"What do we have here?" the man said.
"What do you want from me?" I  said with confidence I didn't have. The man pointed the gun at me.
"Don't touch her!" Kile yelled.
"Why should I listen to you? Why shouldn't I kill her right now?" the man asked.
"Because I can give you what you want.  Let her go and I will help you." Kile said, defeated.  The man took down the gun and yanked me away from Kile.  The man turned around and yelled into the house, "I found them!"
"It's now or never, Spencer. We have to jump while he has his back turned." Kile said quietly.
"We will be fine." assured Kile. I turned towards him and looked him in the eye.
"I trust you." I said to Kile.  
"Now!" he yelled. 
We jumped over the balcony.
"That was close." Kile breathed as we landed.
We waited for a couple of minutes.
"Finally, here they are."
"Who?" I asked as I turned and watched as a black van pulled up towards us.  He walked towards the van and opened the door for me. I stepped in and two people in the front of the van turned around and said,
"Hi, honey."
"Mom? Dad?" I asked.

~•~
This was my first chapter so I hope you like it!