voices

After the incident, we decided to get farther away from the base. I wasn't able to look at her body. I let Kile take me away from where she had crumpled to the ground.

"I can't believe I just did that." Kile said with a shaky voice.

"Hey, you're not a bad person because you shot her." he cringed at what I had said.

"Wow that was a really bad choice of words." I said.

"It's fine, you didn't mean it like that."

"Thank you. For helping me," I said. "Where did you even get the gun?" I wondered out loud.

"One of the guys searching for us dropped it."

"How did you get up and disappear so easily after you had been kicked?" I asked.

"She actually didn't kick me very hard, so I pretended to be knocked out." Kile said and laughed. We kept walking for a couple of hours and we told eachother about our lives.

I had been watching my feet the entire time and not looking around. Kile elbowed me in the ribs and pointed to the sky. I looked up and saw one of the most beautiful things in the world. The sun was beginning to set and everything had a golden tint to it. The sky looked like a watercolor painting with purples, pinks, blues, and teals. All of the clouds were smeared together and the colors mixed to create a masterpiece. It was stunning.

I sat down and motioned for Kile to sit too. We sat together and watched as the sun went down. I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten. My stomach growled at the thought of food. I would love a hamburger with fries or steak. Ooh steak. Okay, stop. No more fantasizing about food.

"Um are you ok?" Kile's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Your eyes glazed over and you were staring at me." he answered.

"I was thinking about food." I said and laughed.

"I don't blame you. I wish I was eating mashed potatoes with gravy right now." I could hear his stomach growl when he said that. He rolled his eyes and said, "We should probably get some sleep." I leaned back and looked up the sky. The stars were like little flecks of gold in a pool of darkness. I sighed and turned over. Sleep washed over me.

I opened my eyes and looked around. There was nothing, except for a thin layer of mist. It looked as if I had been dumped into oblivion. Everything around me was black besides the mist.

"Hello?" I called out. My voice sounded hollow. A golden shadow appeared in front of me. It looked like it was made from the mist surrounding me. The face came more into focus. It was a woman's. She seemed vaguely familiar. She was wearing a swirling golden dress that made her look like a goddess.

"Follow me." she said as she started to walk. I tried to move my legs and walk towards her, but instead I floated. I looked down and saw that I was made of the same golden mist she was. I opened my mouth to ask where we were and it felt like someone was slitting my throat. My hands flew up to touch my neck and they went straight through it.

"You have to wake up." I heard the golden lady say. "You have to save yourself." She turned around and looked at me. "And that's why they need to kill you." She closed her eyes and faded away.

~•~
Whaaaaaaat? Hmmm I wonder who she's talking about. Who was she? I don't knowwww.😏
Sorry for not updating I had camp. I won't update for a couple of weeks because I have another camp that I leave for on Saturday. Maybe I'll write at night. Idk. But don't bug me plz. Ok well comment who you think she's talking about/who she is.

Toodles🤗