culprit

"You don't know who did this to you?" I asked.

"How am I supposed to know? I was asleep!"

"Didn't you feel or hear anything?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"No, now please just leave me alone." Kile got up and walked away.

"Who crapped in your cornflakes this morning?" I muttered to myself.

"I heard that." Kile said angrily. What is wrong with him? Is it wrong for me to be concerned about him after he was just attacked?! I rolled my eyes. I got up and went after him, knowing I would lose him if I didn't go too.

After catching up to him, we just walked in silence. 

"Sorry for snapping at you like that." Kile said in a quiet voice.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have kept asking you about it." I said, not looking at him. We kept on walking until we reached the river. I looked over at Kile and realized that his shirt was soaked with blood.

"You should probably wash off the blood." I said to him.

"Yeah I guess so."

We kept on walking towards the river. He started to pull his shirt over his head.

"Woah, woah, woah, what do you think you're doing?" I said while I covered my eyes.

"I can't really wash the cuts if I have my shirt on over them. Besides, it's not like I'm that unattractive." He laughs a little.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just-"

"Yeah, it's fine I get it, but I need to wash off the blood so I guess just turn around or something." I turned my back and waited.  I heard footsteps in the forest in front of me.

"Did you hear that?" Kile whispered from behind me. I turned towards him and silently put a finger to my lips. The footsteps continue towards us and we both crouch down behind a rock.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and turned my head. There was nothing there, but I had the feeling that someone was watching us. I felt warm air hit the back of my neck. Startled, I whipped around, only to find the cold barrel of a gun on my forehead.

"You can run, but you can't hide." The man said in a cold voice. I couldn't control the whimper that escaped my mouth.