wake

I opened my eyes and looked around. It was still dark outside, but it was foggy, just like the dream. Everything around me was covered in a thick haze. I looked down at Kile and my heart dropped into my stomach.  He was gone.

I looked and looked and looked, but didn't see him. I heard water running nearby and decided to go look there. I followed the sound and walked into a forest. I smelled something metallic and looked around. On a leaf next to me, I saw red goop. I wiped it on my finger and smelled it. The red stuff was blood.

I took off running into the forest and saw bigger and bigger puddles of blood on the ground and on the leaves. The water was getting louder so that meant I was close. I kept following the trail of blood and finally ended up at the river. I looked across to see the same lady from my dream holding Kile. She was solid this time, and wearing normal clothing. Kile looked unconscious and had several cuts and gashes on his face and arms.

I walked into the river and splashed towards them. The lady looked up and vanished. What's going on? I started to walk faster towards Kile. I squatted down and felt his pulse. It was barely there. 

I looped one of his arms around my neck and tried to get up. Oh my gosh he was heavy. I pushed myself up and stepped into the water. Hopefully I won't drop him. It took forever to get across the river, but we did it. I was cold, wet and tired. The sun was starting to come up, so I could see the trail of blood easier.

I walked for what seemed like forever and carrying Kile made it seem even longer. We finally ended up back at the field where we slept. I set him down on the grown and sat down beside him. My clothes were soaked with water and his blood. I realized how disgusting that was.

I reached down for his hand and jerked back. He was freezing. I got up and pulled up a lot of grass to make a somewhat blanket for him. I finished the blanket and sat back down. After a couple of minutes, he started to move his arms and he opened his eyes.

"What happened?"

~•~
I'm back from camp and now I'm at my grandparents house so ya. My birthday is soon and I can't wait. I hate blood so much. So. Much. Who did this to Kile? Any ideas?