12. Earth to Spot

"What I was thinking was maybe near the Quad because it's really nice out so the lighting will be better quality," Skittery says, carrying his camera bag.

"You're really serious about this stuff, Skit."

"I mean it's what I've been passionate about my whole life,"

I sit on the grass as he sets up his camera.

"That's cool," I say, crossing my legs. "A career in photography,"

"Yeah, but you're a writer, right?" He changes a couple settings on his camera while talking.

"Yeah, I'd like to think so,"

He points the camera at me, and I suddenly don't know what to do.

"What should I do?"

"Just sit there," He starts to move around me, taking different pictures. "The point of the assignment is to use different focuses and filters, so you're fine,"

I look away from the camera to find Spot staring directly at me. I don't move my head, but my eyes shift to a different area. I lay on the grass, letting my hair fall to different places.

"Wait, that's perfect, stay right there,"

Spot's Pov

"Hey, we're gonna go shoot a bit, wanna come?" I hear, but I ignore whoever it is.

"Earth to Spot," Race waves a hand in my face.

"That Alice and Skittery?" Jack follows my glance. I look away and at Stacie's lunch, which she left here. "What are they doing?"

"Skittery said something about a photography project at lunch," Race shrugs.

"So she's the muse of everyone's project, huh?" I say, more to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing. We gonna shoot ball or not?" I stand up, throwing away my food.

"Hey, Race, you know Alice is friends with Grace," Jack grins.

"Shut up, Kelly."

"Afternoon, boys." Mr. Burns approached us.

"How are ya, Mr. Burns?" Race asks.

"I'm fine thanks, Anthony." He says. He's never liked Race. Ever since Home Ec when Race caught his scrambled eggs on fire. "Thomas, I look forward to seeing you in Home Ec II on Monday,"