The Dance Life

BZZZ. BZZZZ. BZZZ.

  I rolled over in my sleep, but the noise just keeps getting louder. 

  "Ugh." I sit up, yawning and walk over to my phone, laying on the floor, and check it. 

    I had set my alarm yesterday to 6:15 a.m because I had practice. I heard the pouring of rain outside my window with the faint sound of thunder in the distance.

   Just last year, I had joined the dance team at my school. I'll admit, I stunk when I first joined. I kept slipping and was extremely clumsy. Luckily, I got better. I joined because dance was really fun and would help me get into shape. The great things about it include performances, wearing amazing outfits, and getting into competition. Unfortunately, we also have to wake up early for morning practices and have to stay up late to finish our homework after performances. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I LOVE to dance! :))

  Looking over at the clock, I saw that it was 6:18. I guess I'll sleep in until 6:30, I mean, after all, I have to go dancing practice at 7:30. So I wander back into bed, pull the covers over me, and close my eyes.

  I wake up at 7:32. 0.0 I'm going to be late! I rush into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I'm in the middle of brushing my teeth when I hear a vibrating sound. Hmmm?

  I finish brushing my teeth and went to my room, finding that my phone was upside down and shaking like crazy. I guess the alarm was in sleep mode. I turned it off and put today's outfit inside my bag to change into after dance practice. 

  I traced my hand along the edges of my clothes and stopped at a black and white striped shirt that I had gotten last year.  (FLASHBACK of a year ago)

____________________________________

  I walked to the edge of the classroom, watching my math teacher write problems on the board. The teacher's assistant, Mrs. Sorrentino, stood next to me.

  "And that, class, is how you__________." (I don't remember what he said :p)

  "Mrs. Sorrentino! Both you and Skye look exactly alike! What with the pants, shirt, and shoes too!"

   I looked at my outfit. I was wearing my jean capris pants, my striped shirt, and my gray and green flats. I looked over at Mrs. Sorrentino. Surprise, surprise. She was wearing the same thing.

  I blushed and stared at my shoes, while some kids chuckled.

_______________________________________________

   Dance practice was o.k today. We just went over some dances and changed back out around 8:20. I missed breakfast because I was going to be late, and you know how teachers react to late kids. So, I chomped on a banana a couple of minutes before practice, since I arrived early.

  The rest of the day was uneventful.

  My friend had lost her Math STAAR scores. People presented their topics. Studying for math and science tests. Working on posters, the usual.

  I have to say, the topics during QUEST were really interesting. Birth order and Feminism. For the Birth Order topic, the presenter had really cool visuals and was pretty funny about everything.

~That's all for today! Thanks for reading! :))