Perfect

People at school always assume that I have the perfect life: teachers pet, got good grades, am rich etc. But that's the complete opposite. Teachers can stand me but they don't constantly give me all the attention or treat me better than other students, I've failed tests and things more than my own age, and my family doesn't even have any funds ready for me to go to college. Honestly, my life is a train wreck.

   Ever since a young age, I had most of my life planned ahead of me: go to a great medical college, get married, discover a cure for cancer, etc. But as the years went by, those goals I had set for myself didn't seem possible. My parents and I don't have a very good relationship, so I doubted they would ever help me get the money for college. And even on a good day, they said," You'll have to get a really big scholarship because we didn't feel the need to make a bank account for you when you were born."

   Sometimes, I feel as if I lost my will to live. I make so many mistakes. I'm not pretty. I'm not smart at all; I'm dumb with a lot of luck on my side. I get angry easily. Why  I so flawed? These must be the reasons a lot of people end up disliking me. 

  Big girls DO cry. When has the world been kind to me? It's the beginning of summer and it's off to a rough start already. 3 of my friends are moving, I'm punished for an entire week, and I wasn't able to go swimming. 

  But through the overall suckiness of this year, I've tried to be kind and optimistic to others. And some have been nice back, making me laugh and cherish the times I spent with them. Vivian, just yesterday when I read what you wrote on my yearbook helped cheers up after one of the worst days of my life. Thank you for that. 

 So this chapter is me basically thanking all those friends who made me laugh on bad days, days when I feel like a failure. To friends who were always talking to me and made me feel accepted. To those who welcomed me with big arms when I was lost (had no friends).

    Thanks to Vivian G. and Cecilia for always being there for me.