1) 18 years before

Mace

Driving on the freeway it was almost completely empty because it was now 3:28 AM. In the past 10 hours I've been driving you have no idea how many times I've had to pull over to feed and change the babies diapers and if I could take a little nap before I kept driving.

Since leaving I couldn't think straight I had so many of the pack members trying to mind link me it hurt so much just blocking them, but it ended as soon as I was 2 hours away from the pack territory. The only link I could get from here was Azazel's but I knew he wouldn't so I blocked him out as well. 

"Take exit 28 for Alta..."

Taking my exist I felt myself falling asleep but thought of my little sister and baby boy in the back seats and kept myself awake. After a few more minutes we arrived at a huge tan 2 story house with a giant double door entrance. Parking I stepped out of the car, still so amazed, as I walked to the back to unbuckle my baby boy, put him in his baby carrier on my chest and Diana in her stroller that was in the trunk, and finally getting the house keys from the glove compartment.

"Wow."

Looking around the house once we got in I heard and noise from up stairs and stopped in my place. Putting Anthony in the seat in front of Diana's on the stroller, it was a two seater stroller, I stood in front of them and cautiously looked around us when someone lunged at me and I moved out of the way protecting my babies.

"Sergei?!"

I yelled as soon as I saw my friend turn back at me from getting up after falling.

"Mace?!"

"Oh my god! What?! How! How'd you get here!"

I yelled in disbelief.

"A wolf from your pack lead us here."

"Oh my god I'm glad you're safe, I was worried when I didn't see or sense you and the boys at dinner."

Pulling him in for a hug he cried his eyes out. He told me how scared he was that someone was coming to take the boys back so taking precautions he even hid the boys so they wouldn't find them. Releasing him from my hold I reassured him that no one would find us and take our boys and Diana. I put Anthony in his carrier again and Diana on my hip as we followed Sergei to where he hid the boys and around the house.

"When'd you get here?"

I asked following behind him still holding my little sister on my hip.

"7 hours ago. The member of your pack gave me directions and everything else. He's no good at names."

He said sighing and looking back at me as we walked up stairs.

"I know, apparently I am now Cleo Killeen."

"At least you not Valery Rye."

He said making us both laugh.

Continuing up the stairs Sergei brought me to a room on the left and walked in, and as soon as we entered I heard faint crying and followed Sergei to the source.