Blast from the past

"So.. You remember me?Drake said smiling.

*FLASHBACK*

Ariana's POV:

"Hey what's your name?" I asked a small scraggedy boy sitting on a bench. He couldn't seem to comprehend my question. He just looked at me with frustration. I could tell he was struggling with his thoughts. I examined him a little closer. His pants were fading and stained with dirt. His shirt had holes and was becoming too small for him. I then saw the little boy that was next to him. His clothes were much cleaner. He was much younger though. Like maybe about the age of 8 or so. I felt pity for the both of them. They were probably homeless or in a bad living condition. I reached into my purse and pulled out a couple dollars I had for lunch. They needed it much more then I did.

"Here you go" I said handing the boy the money. He didn't grab it, he just stared at it in disbelief. I walked closer to put my hand on his cold cheek for a brief second, and then placed the money in his hands. I walked away, back to the studio I was working in. From then on, I saw him more and more.

*flashback over*

(Still Ariana's POV)

I snapped out of my thoughts, not wanting to make him wait any longer for a response. In reminder, I put my hand on his cheek for a brief second.

"Yes" I said smiling "I remember you very well."

"I wasn't sure if you did. But when I saw the way you looked at me when I tried to stop those guys.. It felt like you did. But I didn't want to hound you with questions, especially after all that." Drake said.

"Yeah" I said apologetically. "I was kind of too shocked over everything that was going on. I just knew that I needed to get home before my mom called the swat team. He laughed in response.

"Speaking of my mother" I said "she's probably wondering where I am right now." He nodded and took more piles of clothes off me.

"C'mon, ill drive you home." He said.

I climbed my way back into the passenger seat as he started the car.

He drove out of the driveway and turned the radio on. "Still into you" by Paramore came on. Without even thinking I started singing along to it. I started singing loudly when the chorus came on. In the middle of my singing I looked to find Drake staring at me with a bewildered look on his face.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked.

"What?! No not at all" he said. "But damn your singing. I mean I already knew you could sing but wow you're really amazing."

"Well im not-wait..how did you know I could sing?" I asked confused. I could tell this caught him off guard.

"Oh uhh. Well to be honest... You know that studio you were rehearsing in for that musical?" He said.

"Yeahh" I gestured for him to keep going on.

"Well I could never thank you, every time you gave me money. And I really wanted to and I hated myself for not saying anything. Well one day I snuck in to go see you and you were in a room rehearsing a song." He said.

"And everyday" he continued "I would always try to thank you. I just could never talk and.. I always just stayed there listening to your singing." He stopped in silence for a moment. His eyebrows were pushing towards each other.

"It's what got me through my day" he finally said, looking at me apologetically. Those blue eyes are what really hit me. It's like all his emotion goes straight to his eyes and you can just see everything. We came to a red light. And from that moment, I grabbed his hand, and just squeezed it. I looked at him, putting my hand on his cheek and said "you've done more than enough for me already. A couple of bucks isn't enough to thank you." The light turned green, but he just stayed there looking at me. My heart started beating a million times within a second. I swore I saw him leaning in, but that thought went away as the cars behind us started honking. He stepped on the gas pedal and took a turn. We arrived at my house within a few minutes. He got out of the car, which left me with confusion. Was he planning on coming inside?? Just then I felt the passenger door open. He stood there with a smile and said "princesses don't open doors" I just smiled at disbelief with what he just said. I felt a flutter of butterflies swarming inside the pit of my stomach. He was so sweet, but yet he's been through so much. I can tell. I got out of the car and smiled more. "Thank you, but if my mom sees you she might get her knights to go off on you. I said laughing. "Right" he said lightheartedly. I started to turn the other direction as I felt something around my arm. He pulled me around gently, and looked into my eyes. He pulled me into the warmest hug I've ever been in. It wasn't just an "okay see you later hug" it was much more than that. Like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't, and so he just hugged me. I put my arms around his neck and we just stood there, not wanting to let each other go. and in response he squeezed me tighter and then let go.

"Just in case I don't see you for awhile." He said smiling. Realizing he was talking about the hug I smiled back, still recovering from his heartfelt hug. "I will definitely see you again soon, don't worry." I said walking backwards. I walked inside my house and ran to the window to look for him. I saw him get inside his car and pull out of the driveway.

"I definitely have to see him again" I thought to myself

(A/N: that was the chapter hope you liked it. Vote, comment, share! (:

I'm feeling creative today so I will post another chapter later tonight and it will be in Drake's point of view. P.S. Proof will be introduced tonight.! (In case you forgot, it's Drake's little brother.)