22. Teased

"Elle." I heard a voice say, and I peeped one eye open from underneath my sunglasses to find Justin there, all wet from the ocean. We were all on the beach, Pattie and I stayed back to work on our tan, while Jeremy and Justin and the kids went into the ocean. I loved to watch Justin with them, it was so cute. He's gonna be such a great dad someday.

"Justin can't you see I'm working on my tan?" I said, closing my eyes again, then all of a sudden he was standing with one foot on either side of my body, blocking my sun. "I hate you." I said, once I realized what he was trying to do.

"Come in the ocean with me." Justin said. "Please." I opened an eye again, to see him giving me a puppy dog face. I sighed, then smiled.

"Fine." I said, getting up and dusting the sand off of my butt, while Justin waited for me. At least for a few seconds, and then ran a little kid into the ocean, and dove right in. I swear he is 6 on the inside. 

I walked slowly into the water, the fear of being sucked under always present. Ugh, I have too many irrational fears. "Elle, stop being such a pussy." Justin said, walking in my direction. The temptation to give him the middle finger was very strong, but I held back due to the face there were 2 little kids no less than 20 feet away from me.

"I am not." I said, the water now up to my waist. "I love the ocean." I said, tilting my head back and letting the sun shine on my face. "I thi-" I started to say, but then let out a scream, Justin pulled me by my waist, and dunked me under the water. After a few seconds of struggle, I popped out of the water, to find Justin hysterically laughing. "I swear you are such a dick." I said, slapping his arm, the slap sounding extra loud because it was wet, which only made Justin laugh harder.

"You should've seen your face." Justin said, through fits of laughter. "Jesus Christ, that was good." he wiped under his eye. "I'm sorry." he said, probably referring to my fake look of anger. He put his hands on my hips under the water, so no one could see.

I pursed my lips. "I mean I guess I could forgive you. But  you still have yet to prove that you are worthy to be with me." I teased, and he frowned.

"Oh don't worry, you haven't seen anything yet." he said, his face getting closer and closer to mine. I got some moves you don't even know about."

I put my sunglasses on top of my head. "Is that so?" He nodded. "Hm."

"Hm? What do you mean by, 'hm?'" he said mocking me, which made me laugh.

I started to back up from him, "I'll believe it when I see it," I smirked, and patted his cheek. I turned to walk out, and looked back at Justin, who rolled his eyes and dove underwater again. I walked back up to Pattie, and sat down on my towel, as she sat next to me in one of those lawn chairs.

I started to dry my face off with my towel when Pattie spoke up, "Justin is a strange character isn't he?" she laughed. "I saw him attack you."

I laughed too, remembering what happened just a few minutes ago. "Yeah, he is pretty different." I giggled. "But that's what I like about him."

"Oh, really?" Pattie asked, sounding interested.

I looked up at her and nodded. "Yeah, he's just like a normal person. He doesn't have a big head, or think he's better than anyone. He's just...himself. And he never changes for anyone. And I really appreciate that. I've been with guys in the past whose heads were too big to even carry around." I said, which made Pattie laugh.

"Oh yeah, I pounded that into his head, real good." she said. "I told him that out of anything you can remember for when you get famous, is too always make sure your head is screwed on straight. Never forget who you really are, and where you come from. People go downhill when that happens." she said, looking out towards the water. I swear, Justin and Pattie look so much alike.