Chapter 3 - The Willing

Chapter 3 – The Willing

The Guard

Getting him ready for bed, I noticed how fragile he looked.  His face wasn’t bleeding any more but I could see the red marks which would turn horrible colors come tomorrow.  The gash on his forehead was a single red line and his face was so pale.  I placed the sheet and comforter over him and he smiled at me. 

I almost cried out at that smile.  His smile was so golden, so warm.  It made my heart leap.  I just stood there like a moron and watching him get comfortable and his smile.  Even after being mugged and scared and hurt.  He had the warmest, most comforting smile as he fell asleep.  I couldn’t move.  I just stood there staring.

‘What if he doesn’t wake up,’ the thought came into my head.  I didn’t know if he had a concussion.  He wouldn’t go to the hospital.  I didn’t know what to look for in a concussion, but I knew it was dangerous.  I better just watch him for a while. 

I stood there for a while and watched him sleep. He was breathing okay.  He seemed okay.  He was fine.  I should head back to the mall.  Then, I saw his smile fade and he was crying again.  He clutched the pillow like he was in shock.  I was petrified.  What do I do?  I can’t just stand here looking at him like this.  He was terrified.

I wanted him to smile again.  I’d do anything to get him to smile again.  What should I do?  He was trembling, shaking really. Instinct took over, and I did the only thing I knew would help.  I did it without thinking.

I went around the other side of the bed and crawled in.  I spooned him and he cuddled back at me pressing back against me.  I put my arm around him and he was like a radiator.  Waves of heat came off him and I could feel his body relax.  I hugged him closely.  He actually cooed, like a dove.  His shaking body stilled as I held him.  It was heaven.

I would just lay here making him feel safe for a few minutes and then back to work.  I didn’t mean to fall asleep.  I really didn’t.

***********************

Dylan

When I first woke up, I couldn’t open my right eye.  My face felt sore and my head throbbed.  There was nice warmth on my back.  I felt safe, but something was poking me, down there.  I tried to move but an arm kept me down.  I tried to roll but the arm held me tight.  I could feel breath on my neck.  What the…

“What the…” I said trying to sit up.  There was someone next to me, holding me, holding me down.

“Get the fuck off me,” I cried and began to sit up.  The arm moved and the body rolled away.  “Who the hell are you?” I said and I heard him woke with a start.

“What time is it?” he said to me.  It was the mall cop fully dressed lying next to me on my bed.  My face hurt and the events of a few hours ago started coming back to me.  I’d been mugged. The mall cop drove me home.  Now he was sitting up next to me in bed.  He’d been perving on me, his hardon pressed against my ass.  First I’d been mugged and now some stupid rent-a-cop was gonna rape me!!!

“What are you doing?” I asked, demanded of him, incredulous.

“I just, I’m sorry, I was afraid,” he mumbled and then rolled off the bed onto his feet.  “I better go,” he said.  “I thought you might have a concussion.”

“So you thought you’d stick your dick up my ass and that would help?” I yelled at him.  He fumbled around the room and then dashed out.  A few moments later, I heard the front door open and then shut.  I was befuddled.  My head throbbed, my face felt like it had been pummeled by a meat tenderizer, and some random guy had crawled into bed with me.  I got out of bed and unsteadily lurched into the living room.  A washcloth with blood on it lay next to the couch.  A bag of peas lay next to that, limp and in a puddle of water.