Chapter 12 - Unk

Chapter 12 - Unk

“Absolutely not.  I don’t want that obnoxious sexist jerk coming with us.”

“Come on.  He doesn’t have any friends here yet and this would give him a chance to meet some people.”

“He’s weird and can’t handle social situations.”

“Then we’ll just introduce him around a little.  Make him feel more comfortable.”

“No.  We can’t do this.  All your friends are going to think I’m a loud-mouthed freak like him,” Chuck said.  He wished he’d never said anything about Raleigh’s begging to come to the party.  It was just an offhanded comment but Dylan saw this as doing a good deed. 

“He just moved here and lives with his mother and sick aunt.  He’s not gonna meet people if we don’t help.  It sounds like he’s just lonely.  That’s why he tries too hard and makes inappropriate comments,” Dylan reasoned.  “Let’s give him a chance.”

Chuck thought this was a bad idea but he had a really hard time saying no to Dylan.  He was pleading with him using his beautiful bright blue eyes.  His face implored Chuck.

“Okay.  But if he makes one nasty comment I’m dragging his ass away from the party and home.”

“Thank you Chuck,” Dylan said.  “I know it’ll be just fine.  You’ll see.  Besides, I have friends who are inappropriate and annoying.”

“Isaac!” They said in unison and laughed together. 

They were in the car headed over to Chuck’s house to meet his sister and nephew.  Dylan was a little anxious but also really excited.  Usually it was him who dragged the guy to meet family first.  This time he was being introduced first.  It was thrilling and then tonight…

“So what is Kelli like?” Dylan asked. 

“She’s nice, over-protective, and pretty funny.  I think you’ll like her.  She’s been good to me,” Chuck said turning on the blinker.

“So Kelli has no issues with you being gay?”  Dylan asked.  “She’s not going to think I’m corrupting you is she?”

“Kelli probably thinks I’m corrupting you,” Chuck laughed as he drove into the parking garage of the apartment complex. 

Dylan grabbed the flowers from the back seat and took a deep breath. This was so new, what he and Chuck had.  Butterflies were whipping around his stomach.  He hoped he could eat.

They made their way up the stairs and Chuck unlocked the door.  “You ready for this,” he asked and leaned down to give Dylan a quick kiss. 

“Yep.  Let’s do this,” Dylan said and took another deep breath.  The door flew open before Chuck had a chance to turn the knob.

“Hi Unk!” a little brown-haired boy said and grabbed Chuck’s leg. 

“Hi yourself.  I see I’m now a Brandon-mobile,” Chuck stepped into the apartment with the little boy wrapped around his leg.  “Sis, I found a monkey at the door!” he called out.  A dark-haired woman that was the older female version of the little boy came around a corner wiping her hands on a dishtowel. 

“You did.  He’s missed his uncle,” she said.  Brandon untangled himself from Chuck legs.  Suddenly, the little boy realized Dylan was there too and ran to hide behind his mother’s legs. 

“Who’s he?” Brandon said sucking on his thumb.  Kelli smiled at them. 

“I’m Chuck’s sister Kelli and you must be Chuck’s kidnapper,” she reached out to Dylan.  Dylan walked forward and shook her hand.