Happy Donut

Closing my eyes, I calm down and breath.. Then I take a very deep breathe,  & it feels really good, clean, & not filled with refinery chemicals..

 I open my eyes and repack my stuff and see that there's a 24 hour donuts shop plus a pay phone. After getting my stuff packed I enter the donuts shop wheeling my stuff to a table I head over to the counter.

The woman behind the counter is a beautiful sight, Mixed race makes me relax. I don't understand why I get unpleasant around too much of one race too long.

I ask her for a sandwich and a coke spying that the place also serves those.

I go check the pay phone and find that it's not working.. Dang it!

I head back pay for the food & drink, then sit and take a bite..

Downing the last of the sandwich & coke, feeling recharged and ready to take on the rest of the crazy day im having.

 I ask the lovely woman if she knew where the Library was?

25 minutes later its 420 pm.. I charm the Librarian to give me a Library card so I can use the computers..

 436 pm I log on and then message my sister, asking her where she'd lived.

She asked me where I was.

I told her the name of the Library, as the over head speaker cracked & the Librarian said that the library will be closing in 20 minutes. I started sweating..

My sister says to head to the South Parking lot and she'll be there to pick me up.

Logging off the computer I head to the exit, thanking the Librarian that helped me I push through the door.

Which way is South, thinking to myself.  Looking around  the area the Library's in really, doesn't inform me, I ask a person walking on the sidewalk. They pointed at my sister sticking half her body out of a SUV waving at me. "Doh" I say walking towards the vehicle, Thanking the person.

The next week was pretty much a burl to me sitting on the floor swearing to myself for getting myself caught up in a relationship that was not best for me. Hearing my sister beg me to let her go "kick the crap out of the So & So of a... Well very colorful words.

 Grinning as she spies me smirking finally, she asks what my plans were. 

I stare blankly at her then say,"Well I'm going to check if the VA can assist me a bit."

She waves me to follow her, out of the Studio to the poolside smoking area.. *cough*

 As she chats & Socializes, I grin thinking to myself that how jealous I was at how easy it seems for my sister to talk to people. 

 Shaking my head at the thought, I Borrow her phone and schedule an appointment with social services to see if I can get into a shelter.

A large hand lands on my left should and squeezes, and a deep Rumbling voice says, "Doc you need to go check in with the VA and get into their programs to assist you in your healing."

I knew when he entered the Smoking area. A Marine, you can't miss them. Even if they've been out of the core for 100 years.. Once a corpseman always a corpseman, same with a Marine you just can't hide them from me..

I get up and socialize with him, upon shaking his hand I feel the training kick in. *I have to heal this man, I need to take care of him and insure he is okay* Grinning we talk shop for 2 hours.

A few minutes later as my sister and I head up to the studio, she rails me about how jealous she is that I can socialize so much better than her. Laughing at her I shake my head.

Oak Knoll Services at 0645 in the morning was boring, nobody arround for hours... way too early Grrr.

At 0800 the place opens up, and I go in and sign up to meet with a case worker. Two hours later as I watch 40 other people get checked in and talk to a case worker. A woman with straight white hair peeks out from behind the door and says my name.

I get up and follow her pass the door to her office, I start feeling dizzy I should have had breakfast before coming here this morning..