Undisclosed Love (First Love)

First Love

First Love

"Your first love isn't always

the person you first kissed,

or the first person you dated.

Your first love is the person you will always

compare everyone to.

The person that you will never truly get over,

even when you've convinced yourself

you've moved on.

I've never met the guy who said this, but I think we might have the same experience.

I rested my back on the pillow and closed my eyes. It had been a tiring day. I've been reflecting on my past life again which I often do.

I thought you have moved on, Shuji?

I asked myself for the nth time.

With a sigh, I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Turned on the faucet and washed my face, hoping it would wake me to reality. I raised my head and saw my reflection then remembered what happened earlier.

"I just thought I knew you better..."

"I wonder what happened to us along the way?"

What happened to you, Shuji? ... I muttered to myself and felt bitter again. I took a deep breath to calm myself and dried my face with the towel before going out. Rina came in silently.

"Sleeping already?" she asked faintly.

I walked passed by her and just answered, "I'll be in my study room for a while." I went to the room next door and closed it gently. Sighed. I went to my study table and just wanted to be alone but I heard someone knocking.

"Yeah?"

Rina came in, "Dear," she began.

I got my bag and pulled out some papers, pretending to be working on something. She quietly made her way to me. I glanced at her for a second and resumed getting some files.