Forbidden Love (Family Matters)

Family Matters

Family Matters

Sometimes I wonder if I had chosen to stay rather than move out. What would have happened to my relationship with Nagi? As much as we are maintaining a sibling bond, I am guilty of having feelings to her more than that and every time we see each other, or talk each other at home, I try my very best to control myself and show our parents that I just treat her as my sister.

It was torture.

Everyone in this family, including Nagi, they know I am an outsider. I'm not really a Nishioka, yet they all treat me as their family. I am thankful, however I can't help but ask why it had to be this way. Why did I start to have these "abnormal" feelings towards my sister? There are so many girls out there, but I don't feel any attraction to them. I've always kept a serious attitude outside and when I'm home, I am the obedient son. To Nagi, I was the submissive brother.

It was during college; the time when I was struggling the most. It came to a point when I thought I had reached my limit. That pushed me to decide to leave. I needed a breather. But it wasn't easy to stick to the decision. Nagi was already attached to me and she pleaded me to stay. Deep inside, I felt happy that she wanted me to stay with her,but I wasn't ready to make the risk. If I stayed, perhaps my parents would notice my attitude towards her.

Finally, when my family agreed to my decision, she said she'll visit me often. True to her words, she does. Now she's even tutoring so she pesters me from time to time. She grew up with boys so she acts like one. She's not really conscious with her actions towards other guys. She should always keep in mind that she's still a girl and she had grown to be a beautiful woman. It was more difficult for me to resist looking at her.

I sighed as I recalled what just happened a moment ago when we were reading the manga together. For sure I felt something weird, I had to get away. I know I shouldn't be anxious coz our parents are not around... which is harder to resist.

I gulped down a glass of water, and tried to calm myself. "It's fine... I was just surprised... that's all..." I convinced myself. I drank another glass before returning to the room.

"Where were we?" I stated as I entered my room but saw her lying down,sleeping already. Did I take too long? I wondered as I sat and gazed upon her. I reached for the manga and placed it at the side table,then put the blanket over her. I got up and turned off the lights then went out of my room.

It was normal to sleep beside her when we were kids. Now it's just different. I guess I'm sleeping on the couch. As I walked to the living room, passing by our family portrait, I recalled the conversation I had with my father before I left home.