Undisclosed Love (Regrets)

Regrets

Regrets

    One of the regrets I had back then was not accepting her apology and letting my pride take over. Had I known that it could lead to a lifetime frustration, I would've said "It's okay. It doesn't matter. We're still good."

    Everyone deserves to be heard and given a second chance. It's just a matter of choice which one weighs more ; yourself or the friendship. In my case, that time, I chose myself and forgot about us.

    A life lesson : Never let pride get the better of you. It could ruin strong bonds between friends... When you let pride cloud over you, you get blinded and become unreasonably stupid.

    I know.

    I've been there and I lost her.

    It was the last chapter of my long term friendship with her... and it all happened a few weeks before graduation.

    She stood before me, wearing a worried facade. Being the keen girl she was, she found a way to excuse me at my Kendo club and dragged me all the way to the school's rooftop.

    She finally swallowed her guts and lowered her head.

    "Sorry."

    I looked at her, unmoved. After a while, she raised her head and raised both her hands in front of her in a pleading posture. "Really, I am..." she repeated.

    "Seriously, Nagi... you drag me all the way up here just for..." I didn't finish and just avoided her, "I'm going back to kendo-" I muttered.

    "Oh,come on~ Shuuuu-chan... don't be like that, okay?" she whimpered at me. "If you think I'm just here to apologize, no. I'm trying to make it up to you..." she continued.

    Unshaken, I still refused to listen to her. It was pride.

    "You always want to have it your way," I blurted out. She was somehow surprised and looked at me. "You don't try to understand how I feel..." I added and turned around to go back in the building.

    "Shu-chan!"she called again, holding my *keikogi. "Let's talk..."

    "Later," I told her off and went in.

    Her words became clearer to me now than from that moment she said it tome. She wanted to talk. To make up with me. To reconcile. But I decided to do it "later". Who would've thought things would end up that way? I lost my chance...

    The reason of my disappointment was that she missed my Kendo tournament that took place a week before. She promised she'd support and cheer for me, like she always did and I was looking forward to it. Having her just watch me on that day was enough. She doesn't need to put extra effort to cheer... her presence was enough to inspire me to win. But on the day of the tournament, she didn't come.