Epilogue

All across the Nether, denizens looked up to see the Wither Star give a surge of power as it launched itself into the sky. This blast of white light traveled billions of light years across cyberspace. It shot past bright shining stars and the shadows of worlds. It penetrated data streams, becoming entangled in webs of the different overlords that had penetrated this realm.

It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP.

One stream that had caught this shockwave transmitted its findings to a computer. This computer sat in a different world, one far from Minecraft, one known as Earth. The computer sat deep inside a secret lab, one hidden from prying eyes. Though the lab held many secrets,the casual viewer would not have noticed. The computer in question was hooked up to a machine. This machine looked ancient, as it had gone unused for a long time. A large, overbearing thing that had been built by a ragtag team for an amazing purpose. Catching the signal from the blast, the machine began to white and him, coming online for the first time in years.

In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being tortured.

The black screen lit up. A single white light, one tiny little pixel, began to flash as the machine desperately tried to pinpoint it's location. Yes! It was right. It beeped urgently.

One of the lab's employees walked nonchalantly by. It was just another ordinary day at work; nothing big was expected. He passed by the machine the first time without taking notice. The machine hadn't worked in years. Hearing the noise, though, he did a double take. Spotting the light, his face lit up. It was working! It was really working!

The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP.

The employee rushed into his co-worker's office. It was quite an odd place, strewn with relics from the past. Several newspaper clippings were hung on the wall, baring headlines like "Several Vanish," and "Where Are They Now?" A strange pickaxe was also mounted on the wall, the words "Together To the End," engraved on it, signed B.P.

"Markus! Markus!" shouted the employee. "Come quickly!"

"What is it, Jens?" the other one, Markus, asked with a laugh. His younger friend got excited quite often.

"You need to see this for yourself," Jens breathed. He led Markus to the machine, which was now humming regularly. The screen had began to draw a map around the one pinprick of light.

Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP.

"Holy..." Markus gasped, raking his hand through his hair.

"The machine is running again," Jens stated. "After all this time."

"Get everyone together," Markus ordered. "We've got a signal. We're going back to Minecraft."

End of Book Two