Chapter 24

Here y'all go. I know it's been a long time coming and you've been waiting. Actually, this chapter will probably make you all want to kill me, but I don't care. You all know what's going to happen in the next chapter. It's so obvi. 

ANYWAYS. ENJOY. 

****Liam's POV****

I moaned as the first thing I felt, saw, and heard was pain. I saw nothing but white until I heard someone screaming name and squeezing my fingers tightly. I turned my head and saw Kate crying hysterically and my eyes widened. 

"Kate!" I exclaimed softly as she continued to cry and nodded, squatting down to the ground. 

"Babe, I'm okay...I think," I whispered, trying to calm her down. I tried to lift her up, but an excruiating pain in my wrist prevented me from doing so. 

"Kate," I said quietly as she finally was able to stand up and look at me as I held her trembling hand. She shook her hand and she threw her arms around me. I rubbed her back gently as she continued to cry and let her fingers brush gently against my shoulder. 

"Please talk to me," I whispered in her ear and she lifted her head to look at me. She was tremblin as she ran her fingers across my face and she bit her lip. 

"You're alive," she breathed and I smiled slightly as I kissed her cheek. She looked down at my wrists and she ran her hand along the bandages before she glanced back at my eyes. 

"What did they do?" she barely got out and I shook my head, closing my eyes tightly as I began to relive the hell I'd suffered. I was starting to remember the last few minutes I was conscious and I slowly started to remember...

"NIALL! WHERE'S NIALL?!" I screamed and doctor's and nurse's came running in as Kate tried to calm down while I cried hysterically as I remembered him being shot and crumpling to the floor. 

"Well Liam Payne! You're all I've been hearing about for the past few days," the doctor said as he flipped through his clipboard while Kate kissed my cheek and continued to try and calm me down. I stared at the doctor in confusion as he smiled at me, taking my blood pressure and changing the IV bags. 

"Wh-what?" I stammered as I wiped my tears, still hiccuping as Kate held my hand tightly. The doctor sat on my bed and looked at me seriously. 

"I have someone who is just as anxious as you are about finding where someone is," he said and I frowned at him, not understanding. I searched my brain to find an answer and it slowly started to make sense. I began to shake and I burst back into tears as I realized Niall was alive and was feeling the same way I was. 

"I've been searching all over, and when I came over to this wing of the hospital, I was so thankful I saw Liam Payne on the list," the doctor chuckled as Jay came in the room breathing heavily. His eyes widened as he saw me awake and the party we were all having in my room in the middle of the night. 

"Liam!" he exclaimed, running over to my side by Kate and taking my hand tightly as he patted my shoulder. I smiled up at Jay and was suddenly having a change of heart about him.