Obliteration©-In the Aftermath- Read.Respond.Vote.Promote!

Title: Obliteration

Chapter 1: The Shutdown

Inspiration: The hunger games

“Remember me.” She softly singsongs lulling from the faraway speakers baring in the electric nights buzzing static.

This beautiful city once bustling with life, is  now left with the remains of riots, war, and sabotage. Marked off with worn caution tape to bystanders. Its left now discarded, and desolate. Abandoned for only fugitives, and thieves. A breeding ground for the truly wicked. I think silently to myself. Recently there’s been some strange activity here. Soon enough I am at my location walking in.

I felt the soft crunch of the dead leaves on my jack boots the wind howling. As I entered the abandoned area. Hardly different from any other ghost towns trashed and torn-up like it. The wind brush's my skin harsh the dusk  coming and with it rebels, lurking in the shadows. I awaited my commands sitting atop a tower’s church, its scaffolding's turning to dust.

Its so quiet  here I can hear my own exhales. I pop my knuckles in my kid gloves. My vantage point. A clear vision of the rebels that were my currents targets. I implanted the spy cameras and soon. They zoomed around with a flicker of blurring red excitement. They surveyed  the area for me.

I grin as I spot them come across the fog. They’re loud crashing and colliding into each other. They’re blades clashing and clinking in  multiple hits. They wear clothes of the rebels from both sides after the war among people. Tattered and ripped off, they grunt and growl fiercely at each other in a stance. The area is vacant as they carry on. Smashing with open wounds, bleeding and bruised. They ricochet  with a loud bang. Never breaking or giving in. Powerful men, that have fallen to lesser ranks shameful.

 I hover over their next stop about to engage when I hear that lone singer distracting me.

“Remember me, your salvation, your hero,” She sings in pure melancholy.  

My special camera beeps emitting their location and a message. Its practically begging for me to notice it. Grabbing a speaker I hear the soft voice contacting me.

“Roax, get into the heat of it and finished them, they are a dangerous threat to our society.” She barks angrily with command.

The commander in question looks on at the forgotten city. Peering curiously at the two men and their battle. She’s bewildered that they got past all the security she recently enforced. She struts around the faint echo of her heels like the clicking of a keyboard.

She’s fuming with rage, this is the day of obliteration and she cannot risk killing the few people left from the aftermath. She sighs knitting her perfectly shaped eyebrows. She knows Roax will take care of it. But there’s a ominous feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Roax looks on the wind swirling and swaying around her. Gazing below she waits for them to make another appearance of some sort. She vaguely remembers this place. The laughter, joy, and festivals it doesn‘t last long enough. She spots them running at each other pistols aimed at the others head. She takes her chance, then and there. Leaping forward swiping the guns while landing like a cat quickly putting her new guns in her holster.

Both men are blinded and baffled. She creeps onto one of the opposing side and smacks him with the handle of the pistol. Gracefully catching him and laying him against a crumbling wall. The other pulls a dagger hitting blankly at the air. She slams him forcing his face to meet the pavement.  These men were trained well enough. She thinks quickly to herself. Feeling the camera’s on her she glances on.