Obli Chp. 7-Salvation- The Ending Chapter.

Baz awoke disoriented with a powerful headache. 

“Did I party to hard last night..?” He pondered.Feeling the bile and the dizziness of vertigo.  

“No, I didn’t.” He remembers something about Roax, that dangerous girl. 

He almost smacked himself. He had left himself defenseless with her.She drugged him. He was still feeling the effects.The room spun and shook.As he raised, lifting himself up. Everything started falling from the shelves around him. He just couldn't fight and catch his balance. 

“Wait.” He wheezed.  

“This isn’t the aftereffects of that drug. What’s going on..?” He enquired to himself. 

He pulled away his covers feeling dizzy as his senses came back to him. Steadily with each step he toke, his balance and vision were on a constant vertigo. Still off as he walked shakily  around the dark room. He moved slowly towards a broken window paraylzed the momentum of gravity was pulling against him. Entering his terrace the curtain bellowed around him. He had to see what all the ruckus was below.

He gazed at his beloved masterpiece, that he had handmade. And almost fainted it had became so rotten, cumbling and breaking into a nothingness ugly wrecked. In his wake it was right before his eyes. The curls of smoke and fog’s haze blanketed the sky, a nasty gray. Bodies, corpses of the dead were pulled atop each other in piles. It was an oblivion of Hell on earth. 

He grabbed his jacket swiftly feeling the muscles in his jaw tense with the sights before him. Gripping his hand guns tightly switching on the emergency lights. Seeing that Roax’s after his panicked search of the place had found her and his precious and pretend daughter to be missing.

His plans were tearing at the edges faltering, and falling through. He stumbled towards his bed. Dropping everything and gritting his teeth and gripping his hair muttering to himself with different notions his bloodshot eyes crazed and forlorn. All was not hopeless, he convinced himself. Then he heard a female shriek nearby and stood at the ready to engage in combat with whatever was coming his way. He’d lost this war between him and her. 

He saw the bullet first as it whizzed past puncturing his high security door the smoke razed breaking the lock secured. He moved creeping towards the fluttering terrace. To conceal himself. Then she stepped through silently her hair chopped and curled to perfection. Her make-up spotless and striking her accessories of ammunition dangerous and threatening. She still toke his breathe away bringing a surge of unforgettable memories. He quivered feeling his cheeks flush.  Like some teenager with a unrequited crush. 

 He was in utter delight at her presence. As she walked around looking for him observing his rooms, smirking. In the corner of his eye he peered guarded at her. He saw in the shadows Nico taking his money and running with a devilish grin. A smiled tugged at The Commanders ruby red lips. She sat down on his grand bed. Laying her weapons down, sighing deeply. She tapped her fingers impatiently.

“Baz, you really fucked up this time, but I see you’ve not changed with your choice of company. They come and go at your wake and at the flick of a finger.” She named lovers clearly disgusted. 

“And they’re gone.” She uttered quietly feeling the movement of her designed bombs as yet another part of the city fell on itself. She stared bluntly towards the window paralyzing Baz. She knew most of the hidden populace had gone off somewhere else. But Baz, everyone else was being taken in and processed and let go. 

Baz” She whispered his name like a curse but with affection. 

She thought to herself at what an idiot he was and yet she knew in her heart of hearts that she didn’t hate him. Wouldn’t allow herself to but she hated to admit she loved the trickster. Stubborn as she was she felt the bullet fly past her head and hit the picture of them, together at another time at some event. 

”Charlie, are you here to kill me..? because you’ve already broken my heart once..” He asked.

Shifting from the curtains daring himself to be exposed. While his world was breaking around him. 

”No, I’m here to rescue you. Baz why are you still hiding away..? Always hiding.” She smiled to herself glancing at him with a smile in her eyes. She had missed him.

“Maybe that’s a metaphor of your life, and  yet.” She piereced him, her longing becoming more apparent with each passing glance. 

”But I loved you.” She uttered with a quiet intimate smile. He felt himself hopelessly and dangerous at the brim of an unrequited happiness. He shivered and shook. Tickled but he felt the cold reality of the past tense reference of their relationship. 

”Say it.” He whispered to her. 

”Say what you really want, and feel why are you really here..? Confess Charlie.”

He held himself at a distance with her letting her see just his shadow as he pulled back. 

”Baz Barlow I with all of my stupid heart do in fact love you.” She stood up walking swiftly towards him hugging him tightly while blushing like crazy. She never felt this much bliss before but she liked it comforting her. 

”That’s all I’ve ever wanted to hear from you, you irritating women.” He beamed smiling smugly falling into her as she did into him. For all she was to him, everything she meant and stood for was every bit what he represented. 

She broke away taking off all her equipment and leaving. Leaving evidence to none the wiser. Appearing as if she had died in the Obliteration of the Town she had fought in. Signaling to Baz that he do the same. As they run away, they never once looked back at their past. Pressing the last button for the bomb of donation of the rigged bombs to the now wasteland. 

Laughing crazy and giddy as it blew apart into the consuming fog’s debris. In the aftermath the love that  both the Caption  and Commander had was forevermore. The Caption and Commander along  with Roaxs the soldier and her anthem singing sister Row were never found thus listed as dead in the aftermath of the Obliteration.

Nico went on to make a tell-all of her experience's and adventures in the now wasteland. She became rather well known. The other four still remain a mystery left to be discovered. 

" The End. "

  Row utters. Closing the book for the first time. She song sings softly the chorus of that once popular song. 

Remember me. 

In the resistance living in this mayhem chaos. 

In the fighting battle,  fought and won. 

Be my savior

Remember me, your salvation,  your hero.

Savior.

She whispers quietly.. 

Remember me.. 

Authors Notes: Thank you all for reading and enjoying this story till the very end. I hope you all come back for another adventurous story next time around. I want to thank you, for simply reading this for what it was, a story. Goodbye now dear readers, writers and the alike curious.