GHOSTS.

#OneShot

I stand by the window as the warm breeze passes by.

No,the wind is cold. It's me that is burning.

And I sense her ghosts.

My best friend.

We played in this very backyard. From morning to evening,and those occasional camp nights. I remember swinging beside her. I remember our endless,meaningless chatter. I remember her ghost stories.

I run from her ghosts.

Fall in another's territory.

The ghost of my first love.

Since childhood I was adamant to never fall in love. You could say I was born a feminist or as we were called in those days,a tomboy.

But a ghost can walk through walls, right? And he gushed passed mine like a routine. He was always a ghost.

No one knew but us. I didn't tell anyone. You see we had a 'secret' relationship. And then like every ghost,he faded away too.

Leaving ominous memories to haunt me.

I ran from my own home to escape his ghost.

Then I stumbled upon you.

And the moment I saw you I knew I was doomed.

You didn't even bother lying to me. You didn't love me and you never claimed to. You didn't get me and you never tried to.

But somehow you always found your way to me and I always let you in with open arms or should I say open robe?

Cause that's what you came for.

And in my fucked up mind,I seemed to be okay with it.

You see,I found this weird security with you.

The security of no ghosts.

Cause though I might certainly be a little obsessed with you. I knew I wouldn't have to run from your ghosts.

There are certain perks of dating the devil,aren't there?